We cannot change the natural aging process and over time, visible lines appear on all of us. Over time, our skin becomes thinner and dry. This type of aging ‘true aging’ is called. However, our environment and lifestyle can cause premature aging of our skin. This type of aging also “external aging”. Although we cannot prevent real aging, we can prevent aging by applying some activities. To help prevent premature skin aging, dermatologists provided the patients with the following tips.
1. Protect your skin from the sun every day: You can protect your skin using SPF 30 (or higher) and water-resistant sunscreen. Apply sunscreen every day, apply to areas not covered with clothing.
2. Stop smoking: Smoking greatly speeds up the aging speed of the skin. It causes wrinkles and a dull, pale complexion.
3. Do not repeat the same gestures: When you express your face, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeat the same statements over the years, these lines become permanent.
4. Less alcohol: Dries the skin and damages the skin over time. This may make us look older.
5. Apply moisturizer every day: Moisturizer captures the water in our skin and gives it a younger look.
6. Pay attention to skin care products: Do not use skin care products containing flammable substances and harmful products. These substances irritate your skin and make it look old.
7. Gently clean your skin: Rubbing your skin can cause irritation. Irritating your skin speeds up the aging of the skin. Gentle washing helps remove impurities, makeup and other substances from the skin without irritating the skin.
8. Wash your face after sweating: Sweating especially when wearing a hat or helmet irritates the skin. For this reason, you should wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
9. Exercise: Results from several studies show that moderate exercise speeds up blood circulation and strengthens the immune system. This can give the skin a younger look.
10. Eat healthy: Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables helps prevent damage that causes premature skin aging. Findings from research studies also show that a diet with too much sugar or other carbohydrates can speed up aging.
Note: If signs of aging skin bothers you, you can see a dermatologist. New treatments and less treatments to soften wrinkles, tighten skin and improve complexion give many people a young-looking skin.