Although acne usually occurs on the face, it is one of the skin problems that can occur in various parts of the body, including the arm. Since pimples on the arms and back cause visual pollution, it also makes it difficult for some women to wear the clothes they want. There are various methods of eliminating small or large sized, painful, painless, inflamed, sometimes red and sometimes white pimples on the arm, but it is very important to know why these pimples occur in order to prevent them from recurring. Here are the factors and treatment methods that cause acne on the arm:
The ingredients used in underwear cleaning, such as softener and detergent, can cause acne on your arms and back by causing allergic reactions.
If you do not take a shower immediately after your exercise is finished, the sweat that comes out can easily cause acne formation. While sweating is a good thing for your body in general, it can make your pores more exposed to bacteria. Especially if you live in a place where the weather is hot and humid, it is inevitable to get acne on your arms and back.
Your arms, neck and back are places where sebaceous glands are secreted more than other parts of your body. Therefore, it is normal to experience acne problems frequently in these areas.
Wearing very tight clothing causes friction, making the existing acne worse, as well as preparing the ground for the formation of new acne.
Androgen, the male hormone, causes the sebaceous glands to grow more and secrete extra oil. This situation clogs the hair follicles and triggers acne production. Estrogen female hormone is secreted more during the menstrual period and causes acne in the body including the arm. In addition, acne can occur on the arms, face and body as a side effect of birth control pills.
Recipe for Eliminating Acne on Arms by Beauty Expert Suna Dumankaya
The reason for acne and sebaceous glands on the arms may be hormonal. First of all, go to a dermatologist. The first thing you should apply at home is the pouch. Then, mix a bowl of sea salt, a grated orange peel, 20 grams of coconut oil, a tablespoon of orange oil and massage it on clean skin. Then massage with lemon juice, and when it dries, apply baby powder. Apply the scrub and peeling application once a week, and the powder with lemon juice every day. Avoid spicy food and nuts as well.
Other causes of acne on the arm
- Side effects of the drugs used
- Keratosis pilaris
- Removing arm hair
- Lack of vitamins
- Poor diet
- Smoking and alcohol use
How are acne on the arm treated?
- The first thing you need to do to get rid of acne on your arms should be to consult a dermatologist and use the creams and medicines given by the doctor.
- Pay attention to daily hygiene. Not taking a bath for a long time also triggers acne formation on the arms. Use antibacterial soap in the shower.
- Never pop pimples on your arm, as this will cause pimples to spread to the entire arm.
- Since vitamin deficiency can also cause acne in the arms, consult an internal medicine specialist for a vitamin test and take supplements if there is a vitamin deficiency.
- Try to wear loose clothing made from natural fibers such as cotton.