Charcoal mask is one of the most popular face masks of recent times. However, the coal in the name of this mask is not the coal we burn in the stove or use in the barbecue. Other names for the charcoal mask are “black mask” and “carbon mask”, “activated carbon mask”.
The charcoal used in the charcoal mask is activated charcoal, the other name of this substance is activated carbon. Activated carbon (activated charcoal) is a medicinal substance. This substance is produced in a laboratory environment. In addition, activated charcoal is not found in nature. It is formed by the formation of substances such as activated charcoal, coconut shell, bamboo, wood and nutshell used in the charcoal mask under laboratory conditions by using high heat. You can obtain the “activated charcoal” that you will use to make a charcoal mask from pharmacies or online. However, it will be safer to buy from the pharmacy.
To make a charcoal mask, you can make charcoal mask recipes that we will report below, or you can buy a ready-made charcoal mask from pharmacies and cosmetologists.
What are the Benefits of Charcoal Mask for Skin and Face?
- It cleans the skin deeply, attracts bacteria and toxins from the skin like a magnet.
- With its peeling feature, the charcoal mask purifies the skin from dead cells and supports the formation of new healthy cells.
- If you are complaining about enlarged pores, a charcoal mask will come to your rescue. Regular use of charcoal mask will tighten your pores.
- It purifies the skin from excess oil and removes the sticky appearance and shine problem on the skin.
- It removes sagging due to aging and excess weight.
- The charcoal mask, which purifies the skin from dead skin, allows you to get rid of black spots and tightens your skin
- Sun rays, air pollution, cold weather, acne can occur due to various factors on the skin. Charcoal mask is also effective in getting rid of blemishes on the skin.
- Charcoal mask balances the oil level of the skin. This feature contributes to the deep cleansing of oily skin.
- The charcoal mask removes the foreign substances on the skin that damage the skin in a short time and allows the pores of the skin to breathe.
- It plays an effective role in getting rid of bags under the eyes.
- Charcoal mask cleans the pores, dries the acne and prevents the formation of acne.
- The charcoal mask can be applied not only to the face, but also to the décolleté, hand and neck areas. Thus, it takes care of these areas as well.
- Charcoal mask removes tonal differences in the skin and provides a smooth appearance.
- Charcoal mask helps to remove scars on the skin such as acne scars.
- Charcoal mask nourishes, moisturizes the skin, and provides a healthy skin.
How to Make a Charcoal Mask? 1. Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of activated carbon
- 1 teaspoon of honey or 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoons of water
Preparation: Mix all the ingredients and apply to your skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash your skin with water.
How to Make a Charcoal Mask? 2. Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon of activated carbon (You can get it from the pharmacy)
- 1/2 teaspoon bentonite clay
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil (can be melted or soft)
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of water
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. But do not use metal containers for this. Apply this mask on your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Then rinse with water. When making this mask, be careful not to splash on your clothes, because it may cause stains on the clothes.
When to Use Charcoal Mask
Although the charcoal mask is a very useful mask, doing this mask every day can harm our skin. Therefore, it is recommended to use the charcoal mask once a week. However, if you have oily skin, you can use it twice a week.
If your skin is sensitive and you suspect that the charcoal mask may cause allergies on your face, you can do an allergy test before using the charcoal mask. For this, after preparing the mask, apply some of this mask to the inside of your wrist before applying this mask to your face. If you experience symptoms such as swelling, redness, itching in the area you apply within 1 hour, this means that this mask is not suitable for you.