What Is Dex Forte For? What Are Its Side Effects?
Dex-Forte is a pain medication. Dex-Forte; It is effective in dental pain, dysmenorrhoea, in painful periods, musculoskeletal pain.
How To Use Dex-Forte?
Each Dex-Forte tablet should be swallowed with the required amount of water. If excessive pain is present, tablets should be taken on an empty stomach (minimum half an hour before meals) to relieve pain in a short time. Thus, the drug will be absorbed faster by the body.
When using Dex-Forte, you should always follow your physician’s instructions. If you are uncertain about anything, you should get information from your pharmacist or doctor. The dose of Dex-Forte you should use will vary depending on the type, severity of the pain and how long it has been going on. Your daily dose and duration of treatment will be determined by your physician. Depending on the size and type of your pain, the recommended dose is usually 75 mg, ie 25 mg [1/2 tablet] with an interval of 8 hours). The total dose taken in one day should not exceed 75 mg.
Who Shouldn’t Use Dex Forte?
Dex-Forte should not be used in some cases:
- Dex-Forte should not be used during pregnancy and lactation.
- People with chronic inflammatory bowel disease, such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, should not use Dex-Forte.
- Dex-Forte therapy should not be administered in patients with advanced liver problems, moderate or severe kidney disorders, and severe heart failure.
- If there is a blood clotting disorder or other bleeding disorder, Dex-Forte should be avoided.
- You should not use Dex-Forte if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substance dexketoprofen trometamole or to any adjuvant in DEX-FORTE.
- Those who are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug should not use Dex-Forte.
- Those who have asthma should not use this medicine. In addition, after the use of acetylsalicylic acid or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, temporary inflammation in the nose (acute allergic rhinitis), polyp (mass) in the nose, wheezing (chest wheezing), difficulty breathing, face, eyes, lips, Dex-Forte should not be used in cases such as swelling, tongue, swelling, asthma attack, rash (urticaria).
- If you have chronic digestive problems like heartburn, indigestion, stomach or intestinal bleeding, peptic ulcer, or if you have experienced any of these problems in the past, you should avoid using Dex-Forte.
- If NSAIDs, namely Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medications, have previously occurred stomach or intestinal perforation / bleeding, you cannot use Dex-Forte.
What are the side effects of Dex-Forte?
As with all medicines, people who are sensitive to the ingredients in Dex-Forte may have side effects.
- Anaphylactic reaction (sudden hypersensitivity reaction)
- Angioneurotic edema (swelling of the face and throat as a result of allergies)
- Steven’s Johnson syndrome (inflammation with blood stiffness, redness and redness on the skin and around the eyes)
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (a serious disease on the skin with fluid-filled blisters)
These are all very serious side effects. You may need emergency medical intervention or hospitalization
All of these very serious side effects are very rare. If you notice any of the following, tell your doctor immediately or contact the emergency department of the nearest hospital:
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Photosensitive reactions (photosensitivity)
- Kidney inflammation
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Stomach and intestinal infection with diarrhea and vomiting
- Stomach ulcer, stomach ulcer bleeding
- Decreased breathing frequency
- Narrowing of the bronchi, spasm of the bronchi
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Heart rate acceleration
- Blurry vision
- Decreased number of cells in the blood
- Decrease in the number of blood flakes
- Vertigo (dizziness due to imbalance
All these are serious side effects. Urgent medical attention may be required. Serious side effects are very rare.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
- Headache, dizziness, sleepiness
- Tiredness, pain, weakness, chills, malaise
- Excessive urination
- Back pain
- Menstrual cycle disorders, prostatic disorders
- Skin rash
- Increased sweating
- Dry mouth
- Bloating in the gastrointestinal tract due to gas
- Nausea and / or vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea;
- Al Basma
These are mild side effects of Dex-Forte. If you encounter any side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, inform your doctor or pharmacist.