Grapefruit is a slimming and fat burning fruit that contains high vitamin C, antioxidant, fiber. Grapefruit is also very low in calories. Grapefruit’s calories vary by size. A larger grapefruit is higher in calories, while a small grapefruit is low in calories.
How Many Calories Is Grapefruit?
Dietician Öykü Yılmaz, the calorie of a medium grapefruit is approximately 120-150 calories,
Dietician Ayşe Tuğba Şengel reports that 1 small grapefruit has 52 calories. 1 large grapefruit is 180 calories.
Does Grapefruit Weaken?
Dietician Tuba Yaprak gives the following information on this subject;
“ Grapefruit supports weight loss. It is low in calories and does not contain sugar. Therefore, it often finds itself in diet lists. Grapefruit regulates fat (lipid) levels in the blood and blood pressure. Thus, it helps to lose weight faster.
Grapefruit is a fruit low in calories but high in nutrients and water. For this reason, it gives a long-term feeling of satiety and suppresses hunger. It has a bitter taste and facilitates fat burning. It is an ideal fruit for dieters.
The health benefits of grapefruit are many. Grapefruit, which is effective in controlling appetite and reducing daily calorie intake, should be consumed between meals. It prevents hunger and increases energy levels. ”
Making Fat Burning Beverage with Grapefruit
- 1 liter of water
- 2 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
Lemon, grapefruit and orange juices are squeezed into 1 liter of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar is added. It is consumed twice a day, one glass after breakfast and dinner. This application should be done 2 days a week. It will be beneficial if applied together with diet.
What Are the Health Benefits of Grapefruit?
- Grapefruit contains vitamins C, B6 and A, potassium, folate, thiamine, calcium, iron, copper, phosphorus and magnesium, many nutrients and flavonoids.
- Researchers found that grapefruit contains herbal enzymes and that this property is effective in balancing insulin. Grapefruit, which regulates blood sugar, prevents eating more than necessary by suppressing hunger.
- Grapefruit contains high levels of antioxidants and vitamin C. With its rich content, it strengthens the immune system and protects cells from oxidative stress. This is of great importance in the prevention of many health problems, from mild illnesses such as the flu to serious diseases such as cancer.
- Grapefruit is low in calories. It is a good source of vitamin A as well as vitamin C.
- Grapefruit contains large amounts of potassium and very little sodium. In this respect, it is an edema remover food.
- It keeps cholesterol in balance. If consumed regularly, up to 15% decrease in cholesterol level will occur. This result can be achieved by consuming one small grapefruit every day. In this way, blood fats will reach the ideal level.
- It is rich in flavonoids and vitamin C. Its antioxidant effect is extremely powerful.
- Cleans the body of toxins.
- Contains grapefruit, liminoids and lycopene. These components play an active role in cancer prevention. It is especially useful in the prevention of prostate cancer.
- Grapefruit is one of the fruits with the highest vitamin C content. Therefore, grapefruit allows wounds to heal faster.
What Are the Health Hazards of Grapefruit?
- Grapefruit interacts with some medications, and those using such medicines should be careful when consuming grapefruit. For example, those using blood pressure medication should avoid consuming grapefruit with the medication. If it is to be consumed, it can be eaten 3 hours before or 3 hours after taking the drug.
- Grapefruit can also interact with blood thinners, reducing the effect of the drug. It is recommended that people taking any medication should ask their doctor before consuming grapefruit.
- Sleeping pills, epilepsy drugs and psychiatric drugs should not be consumed with grapefruit either. Because grapefruit causes these drugs to be absorbed faster, causing them to be excreted in the urine and preventing them from acting.