Sleep; it is very important both physically and mentally. Sleep; it is also a very effective sedative for stress. Melatonin hormone secreted in preparation for sleep; mixes with the blood, lowers the body temperature, prepares the body to sleep.
What is Sleep?
Sleep; It is a vital action for almost all living beings, such as mammals, birds and fish. In the researches, it was stated that even plants and trees moved to sleep position at night. For example, trees leave their branches down about 10 cm at night. In addition, it was observed that some of the plants were in a position suitable for sleeping in their stems and leaves. As it is seen, many living in nature sleep to continue their lives.
What to do for sleep?
- First of all, the room must be dark. To do this, all curtains must be closed. Even the eye patch should be used. If you are not afraid of darkness, using a night light will make it easier for you to fall asleep. Bright lights; it helps to prevent the release of the hormone melatonin that helps sleep. It would be beneficial to turn off the halogen and fluorescent lights in the bedroom at least 1 hour before sleeping.
- 1-2 hours before sleep for the green tea or lemon balm tea. The. Melatonin ini in these teas brings sleep and improves sleep quality.
- Taking a warm shower before going to bed will relax and relax your muscles.
- A method to fall asleep sounds funny, even though it sounds funny. According to the surveys conducted at Southern Illinius University, solving the math problem in people who have problems in falling asleep is easier to fall asleep. If you are not good with numbers, for example researches like finding a city or country starting with each letter of the alphabet will also help to fall asleep.
- Positive thinking is also to facilitate falling asleep. In an experiment conducted at the University of California; It was observed that the patients who had sleep problems had a positive thinking and made it easier for them to fall asleep. Observations were made on 3 groups in this experiment. In the first group; the second group was asked to forget their worries and the third group was not guided. In this experiment; no sleep is given to people with insomnia, it takes more than an hour to sleep; the group wanted to forget the concerns in 40 minutes; Finally, those who think happy things were only sleeping in 20 minutes.
- Do not consume beverages such as tea, energy drinks and carbonated drinks before you go to sleep. These drinks cause your sleep to escape.
- Never eat sugary foods before going to bed. Consumption of sugar may cause falling asleep in the body or diverting sleep. As a result of the research, it is recommended by experts to discontinue sugar consumption, including fruit at least 2 hours before dive.
- The bedroom should be cold, not warm or warm. The reduction of the ambient temperature helps the body to prepare for sleep.
- Sleep during the day should not exceed 30 minutes. Otherwise night sleep is affected.
- Banana should be consumed to relax muscles in the body. Banana; It is rich in natural muscle relaxants, potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6, which increases the production of melatonin in the body. In addition, abundant carbohydrates in the banana also brings sleep. Before sleeping, mix a banana with a hot cup of milk and consume it 1 hour before sleeping.
- Sports also increases the quality of sleep. Short walks during the day increase the quality of sleep at night. In addition, daily light sports will reduce the level of hormone causing stress, which will help to make the sleep deeper. In order to get both body health and better quality sleep, you should exercise 20 minutes in a day, such as walking, cycling and swimming.
- In order to get a good night’s sleep, they should be adhered to every day of the week at the same time every night and should be awakened at the same time each morning. When this is the way the body regulates its biological clock, the time to sleep does not sag. You can sleep at your scheduled time.
- Blood pressure-lowering drugs such as Zoloft, Prozac, and some antidepressants can also be insomnia. Observe the effects of the drug on sleep and consult a doctor.
- Coffee, tea and coke should not be consumed before sleeping. Caffeine keeps her body awake for up to 8 hours.
- The fragrance of plants such as chamomile and lavender helps to stimulate the alpha waves behind the brain, allowing sleep to come. It is useful to mix the oils of such plants with water and squeeze them into the sleeping pillow.
- In addition, the tea of the daisy has relaxing properties and relieves muscles. The substance of teanin in green tea also helps bring sleep. This kind of herbal tea to sleep 1-2 hours before you sleep will help you fall asleep faster.
- In particular, if you have a computer or phone in the sleeping room, you must turn it off. If possible, do not sleep in a room with such radiation emitting devices.