How Does Metal Taste In The Mouth Cause Iron Taste? Natural Remedy
Metallic Taste in Mouth Iron Taste Causes and Treatment
Metal taste, iron taste in the mouth can be caused by many problems from sinusitis to B12 deficiency. To eliminate this unpleasant taste in the mouth, you can apply the natural recipes we will report below.
Metal Taste in Mouth, Causes of Iron Taste
- Hay fever (Allergic Rhinitis) Hay fever, that is, allergic rhinitis, has symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion, runny nose and red eyes. One of these symptoms is metallic taste in the mouth, iron taste.
- B12 deficiency can disrupt the nervous system, causing a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Pregnancy. A metallic taste in the mouth, the taste of iron, is a common complaint in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- The common cold
- Sinusitis. Sinusitis, an infection of the sinuses, ears and upper respiratory tract, causes inflammation that can disrupt the sense of smell and taste.
- Side effects of certain medications such as antibiotics, blood pressure medications, antihistamines, and osteoporosis medications
- Kidney failure.
- Diabetes and low blood sugar
- Not brushing the teeth regularly
- Dementia or Alzheimer’s disease Neurological problems such as brain lesions or tumors, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease
- Other upper respiratory tract infections
- Central nervous system disorders.
- Excessive consumption of caffeinated or carbonated beverages
- People who have mercury or silver tooth malgam or dental fillings may also feel a metal taste in their mouth.
- Certain diseases such as jaundice and gastroesophageal reflux.
- Some food allergies
- Cancer treatment. Chemotherapy, radiation therapy (especially cancer in the head and neck region), flavor changes were detected in up to 86% of people receiving cancer treatment in these areas.
How to Eliminate the Iron and Metal Taste in the Mouth?
Baking soda eliminates the metallic taste in the mouth. Baking soda is a natural composition, it provides acid and alkali balance in the body. Thus, the pH balance of the body reaches the ideal level. It is an effective product that can be used to get rid of the iron taste in the mouth. It regulates the acid rate. On the other hand, baking soda also removes atherosclerotic plaques and bacteria.
- Add half a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of warm water, mix and rinse your mouth with it. (Use it as a mouthwash and repeat this process every day.)
Green tea has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It controls inflammation and helps treat bacterial infections. It contains a substance called catechin. This substance is effective in eliminating the taste disorder. In addition, green tea is beneficial in protecting oral health. It prevents the formation of bad taste in the mouth.
- 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves are put in 1 cup of hot water. It is covered and infused for 10 minutes. Filter, add a little honey and drink it hot. 2-3 cups should be consumed daily.
Peppermint prevents bacteria from reproducing in the mouth. In this way, it prevents bad breath. Moreover, it refreshes the breath with its refreshing scent.
- A pinch of crushed fresh mint leaf is thrown into a jug of hot water. Its mouth is closed and left to infuse for 1 hour. Then it is filtered and consumed by spreading throughout the day.
- Chewing fresh mint leaves 2-3 times a day also gets the taste of metal in the mouth. If you wish, you can prepare a strong mint tea and use it to rinse your mouth after it cools down. It is recommended to apply every day.