As before pregnancy, especially after pregnancy breastfeeding period nutrition should be noted. If you say what the nursing mother should eat, we will share the list with you. .
It is very important to implement a healthy nutrition program during pregnancy. Also after the baby is born adequate and balanced nutrition of new mothers, nursing mothers is also essential for the health of the mother and baby.
After giving birth body needs self-recovery and strengthening. Diet of nursing mothers If it consists of healthy and useful foods, the mother’s milk production increases, the postpartum process is skipped more quickly. Breastfeeding is at the discretion of women. It is recommended to feed the baby for at least 6 months only with breast milk. Breastfeeding should not exceed 2 years of age.
- What should a new born mother eat?
- Why Is Nutrition Important During Breastfeeding?
- What are the calorie needs of a nursing mother?
- Breastfeeding Nutrition List What Should Be?
- Brown Rice
What should a new born mother eat?
Some of the things that mothers who are breastfeeding should pay attention to are:
- Omega 3 should consume fish at least 2 times a week since it is a source. As it should be fresh; They can also choose to grill, steam or bake.
- Since it is a protein source, they should consume 1 egg every day. They can eat boiled as well as as omelets or menemen.
- They should drink at least one glass of milk every day to meet their protein and calcium needs. If there are gas complaints, they should prefer lactose-free milk.
- Every meal should definitely consume cereal products such as bread, pasta or rice.
- They should consume dry legumes at least 2 days a week. This is important for getting vegetable protein.
- They should take vitamin D.
- In order to pass it on to the baby, they should use iodized salt in the foods they consume.
Why Is Nutrition Important During Breastfeeding?
There are 2 reasons why nutrition is important in the process of :
- Keeping the health of the mother in balance
- To ensure that breast milk is sufficient and productive so that the growth and development of the baby can be smooth
What are the calorie needs of a nursing mother?
In addition to the amount of calories that the nursing mother should take during the day, she should take another 700 calories. Since 200 of this is met from the food store during pregnancy; it is easier for nursing mothers to lose weight. 500 calories come from the nutrients the mother receives.
Breastfeeding Nutrition List What Should Be?
Egg is a great source of protein with its rich amino acid content.
This useful food during breastfeeding will provide you with enough energy and strength to take care of yourself and your baby. In addition, colic, which is inside the egg, plays a big role in the construction of the memory centers of the baby. For the baby with strong memory, do not miss the egg from your breakfast. You can consume it as boiled, omelet or fried in oil.
With almond vitamin E and other essential oils, it is a very important food for your baby’s bone development and healthy growth. The omega-3 fatty acids found in almonds also help increase milk production.
This healthy food also contains protein and calcium, which are essential nutrients for bones and teeth. If you wish
Brown rice whole grain structure is quite high with high carbohydrate content
is a healthy and useful food, diet of nursing mothers must be included. Brown rice keeps your energy high and regulates your blood sugar.
In addition to these, this awesome food contains more fiber and nutritional values than white rice. It increases breast milk rate and quality. Before making brown rice, soak this grain in the water for several hours. Thus, it will be easier to digest and the plant will become more nutritious.
Oats are one of the most popular lactogenic foods. This natural whole grain food can be easily digested with its high fiber structure. It is very useful for new mothers who suffer from constipation, which is a very common condition after birth.
With its rich iron extracts, it plays an active role in combating anemia seen in women who have just given birth. In addition, oat is a plant that increases breast milk. You can benefit from oatmeal in the morning with oat flakes with milk or by making your pastries with this cereal.
All green leafy vegetables were very useful for nursing mothers, but spinach has a different place. It is a unique food for you and your baby with its high vitamin A content. In addition, thanks to its iron content, the folic acid extracts contained in spinach are very effective for the body of the mother who has lost a lot of resources during labor to produce blood cells again. Contains spinach, bone, cartilage and manganese, which helps the formation of collagen. This herb is a high source of calcium and vitamin C.
Milk in the feeding of new mothers occupies a very important place.
Drinking milk increases the rate of breast milk. This useful food also contains lots of essential nutritional values like vitamin D and B. In addition to all this, calcium in milk passes from baby to mother through breastfeeding and thus affects the bone development of the baby. Milk moisturizes your skin internally with its high water content.