Acne may appear under the chin and on the neck due to various reasons such as experiencing hormonal changes such as adolescence, stress, and frequent makeup. If you have such a problem, you can apply the treatment methods we will report below.
Why Do Acne Get Acne Under the Chin and Neck?
- Periods of hormonal changes such as menstrual period and adolescence
- Wrong nutrition (abundant consumption of packaged products sold in the market)
- Air pollution
- Depression, stress
- Side effect of the cosmetics used
- Side effects of the drugs used
- Cosmetic products: Moisturizers, make-up and hair products containing heavy oil can clog pores and cause acne under the neck and chin.
- Hormonal imbalance due to a condition such as polycysticoversynndrome (PCOS)
- Consuming too much sugar or dairy products
- To shave. If the skin becomes irritated after shaving, acne may appear.
How to Get Acne Under the Chin and Neck?
If you have such a problem, you can go to the dermatologist. You can use the creams given by the doctor or apply the treatments we will report below.
Natural Treatment Ways for Acne Under Chin and Neck
Aspirin, with its salicylic acid content, can reduce skin inflammation and help dry acne. Add some water to the aspirin and make a paste. Apply this to the pimple under the chin and neck. After 10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
Tea Tree Oil
Another popular natural treatment for acne is tea tree oil. With its antiseptic properties, tea tree oil disinfects pores on the skin and helps kill bacteria that cause acne.
Apply 1 drop of coconut oil or jojoba oil mixed with 1 drop of coconut oil or jojoba oil three times a day to the acne on the neck and under the chin. and then apply.
Toothpaste that you use regularly to clean your teeth can also help eliminate acne problem. In fact, this is one of the easiest home remedies for acne. The toothpaste reduces swelling and dries acne.
- Apply a small amount of white toothpaste to the acne area before going to bed. If you have slightly sensitive skin, you can rinse it off after 5 minutes, otherwise you can leave it overnight. In a day or two, you will see the acne on the neck or under the chin start to go away.
- Avoid using toothpaste that contains gel or whitening products. These contain chemicals that can harm your skin.
The antibacterial compound called allicin in garlic contains antiseptic properties that help fight bacteria on your skin. Grate half a clove of garlic and rub it on the neck, under the chin area with pimples. Wait 5 minutes and rinse with water.
Aloevera’s soothing and anti-inflammatory properties can cure acne within a few days. Aloevera gel also helps heal scars caused by acne.
- Cut the leaf lengthwise of aloe vera, remove the gel and rub it on the acne on the neck and under the chin twice a day. Let it sit for 20 minutes and wash it with water.
Keeping an ice cube on acne can help cure your acne by reducing the blood flow to the acne. This cold application also relieves inflammation by reducing the swelling and redness caused by acne.
- Wrap 2-3 ice cubes in a cloth or paper towel and attach to pimples.
Turmeric has long been part of the skincare routine of South Asian women. Curcumin, the bioactive component of turmeric, is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and wound healing. Turmeric has all that it has to offer, healing effects on acne-prone skin.
- Make a paste using 1 teaspoon of turmeric and enough coconut oil. Alternatively, you can mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the neck or under the chin where there is acne.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then wash it off.
- Apply this paste three to four times a week.
Use Green Tea
Green tea contains plenty of phytochemicals such as flavonoids and tannins. These biomolecules can help fight inflammation and bacteria and reduce sebum production that can cause acne and acne.
- Soak the green tea bag in a glass of boiling water for 5 minutes. Leave it to brew.
- Soak a cotton ball in this solution and apply it to the pimple. Let the green tea solution dry. Rinse your skin with clean water and pat dry.