Masks that renew the cells around the eyes, rest the eyes, relieve bruises, bags under the eyes, and remove the spots in and around the eyes are called eye masks. Eye masks can be made at home with the materials in our kitchen or they can be bought ready-made from cosmetologists. Of course, the healthiest thing to do is to use eye masks made at home. In this article, we will inform you about natural, herbal eye mask recipes that you can apply at home.
How to Make an Eye Mask at Home?
Green Tea Or Black Tea Teabags
Using green tea or black tea teabag tea bags is one of the most effective natural eye masks, it also helps relieve swollen and irritated eyes. They contain anti-irritant ingredients that help reduce swelling around your eyes. They can also help relieve redness and inflammation.
- Steep 2 bags of green tea, black tea or chamomile tea in a glass of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and let them sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Lie down and put the tea bags on your eyelids.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat several times a day.
Cucumber is a good remedy for eye problems. The enzymes in cucumber and its astringent properties help reduce inflammation and tighten the skin around your eyes. This treatment also helps you get rid of bruises and under-eye bags around your eyes.
- Chop the cucumber into thick slices.
- Let the slices cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Hold the cold slices on your eyelids for 10 minutes until they become warm.
- Repeat these steps several times a day.
Egg white has a skin-tightening effect that helps to remove under-eye bags and dark circles under the eyes.
- Separate the whites of two eggs from the yolks and put them in a bowl.
- Beat the egg whites well.
- Add a few drops of witch hazel oil, a natural skin astringent that stops bleeding. You can get this oil from herbalists.
- Using a brush or a soft cloth, apply this mixture to your eyes and let it dry.
- Wait for 15 minutes.
- Apply daily for several days.
Like cucumbers, potatoes are highly effective in relieving all kinds of eye ailments. The starch contained in the potato has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve under-eye bags. This treatment also helps to remove dark circles under the eyes.
- Peel, wash and dry a medium potato.
- Grate the potato and put the graters on a clean cloth and tie it up.
- Hold this bag on your eyelids for a few minutes.
- Repeat these steps until the swelling goes down.
Hot water and salt can also be used as a simple treatment to relieve swelling under your eyes. Salt water moisturizes the skin and solves the problems around the eyes.
- Mix half a teaspoon of salt with four glasses of water. Make sure the water isn’t too hot.
- Soak cotton swabs or wool eye pads in warm salt water and hold them on your eyelids for a few minutes.
- Continue for 15-20 minutes.
Whole milk is also a popular way to treat eye problems, which you can use as an eye mask. The fat in whole milk is very soothing and softening for tired eyes. Milk can also be very effective at reducing eye irritation and puffiness.
Milk contains lactic acid, which helps soften and moisturize the skin under detention. Milk also contains protein, enzymes, amino acids and antioxidants that are necessary to strengthen the skin and heal damaged skin. Milk can be used as a cold compress to reduce dark circles and eye puffiness.
- Soak a cotton ball in cold water.
- Hold this cotton pad on your eyelids and around your eyes for a few minutes.
- Try to relax, the relaxing effect of milk will show its effect in a short time.
- Do it daily or as needed.
The alpha hydroxy acid in strawberries helps the skin look soft and healthy. It helps to relieve swelling under the eyes and swelling in general.
- Let some strawberries cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut off the heads and cut into thick slices.
- Lie down and hold these slices in your custody for a few minutes.
The antioxidants and vitamin E in aloe vera are very effective in removing puffiness and getting rid of dark circles around the eyes.
Applying aloe vera gel to your under-eyes reduces swelling by accelerating blood circulation and allowing blood to flow into your eyes. While applying the gel, you need to be very careful so that the gel does not get into your eyes.
- Cut the aloe vera leaf lengthwise and extract the gel inside. Apply the gel that you extract from the aloe vera leaf only to the problem area without touching your eyes. Wash it off with cold water after waiting for 5 minutes.