Tomato juice is a great drink with vitamin A, vitamin B6, magnesium, iron and calcium content. If you don’t like the taste of tomato juice, consuming other vegetable juices, such as carrots, with tomato juice will both increase the flavor of the drink and help make it a healthier drink. The wonderful benefits of tomato juice include running the digestive system, helping to lose weight, detoxifying the body, lowering cholesterol, strengthening bones, preventing some cancers, supporting cardiovascular health and reducing inflammation. Other benefits of tomato juice to health are as follows;
- Tomato juice provides plenty of natural vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, iron, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7.
- 1 cup tomato juice contains 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1.8 g protein and 0.1 g fat.
- Tomato juice contains lycopene, a potent antioxidant. It helps to reduce blood pressure because it helps to maintain blood lymphocytes.
- The high level of vitamin C in tomato juice supports our immune system and fights viruses and infections.
- Tomato juice is rich in lycopene antioxidant known for its effective protection against breast cancer, prostate cancer, coronary artery disease, and vascular occlusion.
- Tomato juice is ideal for those who want to lose weight because they contain less calories and less fat.
- Vitamin A in tomato juice helps to support blood vessels and improves vision. Chinese medicine also recommends the use of tomato shells as an eye mask.
- Tomato juice is good for diabetes patients because it contains low carbohydrates. It controls the sugar level in the urine of diabetics and is also useful for people who are trying to lose weight.
- Tomato juice helps to improve digestion, liver function and defecation movements.
- Tomato juice consumption naturally lowers cholesterol so that it often prevents the use of cholesterol-lowering drugs that are prescribed for health.
- Helps to prevent joint pains and diseases.
- Tomato juice is effective in improving morning sickness, indigestion, gastrointestinal diseases, and excessive gas formation in the intestine.
- The fresh tomato juice mixed with pepper and salt can also be served as a delicious drink that helps reduce nauseating sensation.
- Tomato juice treats urinary tract infections and prevents the formation of kidney and gall bladder stones.
- The antioxidant nature helps in strengthening the amount of calcium in the bones.
- Tomato juice raises the formation of sugar and gives immediate energy when consumed.
- Tomato juice is rich in potassium, a mineral required for human nutrition.
- Tomato juice stimulates the production of carnitine, which causes weight loss and allows the fat to be used faster by the body.
- Beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin in tomato juice contribute to the development of eye health.
- Lycopene and bioflavonoids, which are known as cancer inhibitors, are more beneficial than beta carotene. The researchers demonstrated lycopene in the culture of cancer cells and prevented the growth of these cultures.
- Tomato juice is an antioxidant store, and consuming it also helps to get rid of free radicals in the body so that it remains young and energetic.
- Tomato juice has many benefits for skin. Helps get rid of sunburn, skin decolouration, prevents acne, tightens open pores and regulates sebum secretion in oily skin.
How is tomato juice made?
It is easy to make tomato juice at home instead of buying canned products from the market. Homemade tomato juice has more health benefits and is a cheaper option compared to canned preservatives. To make at home, you must buy fresh tomatoes or grow tomatoes first. Then, the outer layer is completely washed out because it contains insecticide. There are two ways to remove the tomato juice after washing. You can peel and boil the thin crust, or if you want raw water, wash washed tomatoes through the juicer.