Mushroom, rich in minerals and known for its nutritional properties, is also a food where food poisoning occurs frequently. Mushrooms, which are consumed unconsciously, sometimes cause serious reactions and sometimes deadly consequences. Experts explain that not every mushroom should be consumed. So how does mushroom poisoning occur? What to do in case of mushroom poisoning? You can browse our content to learn the answers to the questions. .
EXPERTS ONLY UNDERSTAND can
Understanding if mushrooms are poisonous requires expertise. While there are more than 150 thousand mushroom species in the world, there are approximately 100 poisonous species in it. Deciding whether a mushroom is poisonous or nontoxic, and consuming the mushrooms we find can have fatal consequences. There are no known exact criteria to determine if a mushroom is non-toxic.
BE CAREFUL OF THESE SYMPTOMS!
Symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, low blood pressure, increased pulse, flushing and sweating in the face and neck may vary depending on the properties of the poisonous substance found in the fungus. There are fungi that produce these symptoms within 2 hours and fungi with symptoms after 6 hours. However, fungal species may be more dangerous, with symptoms seen after 6 hours. The risk of death is much lower in poisoning, in which symptoms appear within 2 hours.
IN THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY, TWO WATER DRINK
Toxic person suffers from excessive water loss. In order to remove the toxin contained in the fungus, the person should vomit by drinking plenty of water at the first opportunity. The poisoned person should be taken to the nearest health institution without wasting time. Information will be given about the mushrooms consumed in the treatment of a doctor is very important. If there is an example of the mushroom consumed, it should be shown to the doctor.