Castor oil is an oil obtained from the seed of the castor tree. The fatty acids that make up castor oil are believed to nourish the skin. Many people report that with regular use, castor oil makes eyelashes and eyebrows longer and thicker. Does it really work? The answer is yes, castor oil strengthens the eyelashes, prevents them from falling out and strengthens them. If you have problems with shedding of eyelashes and eyebrows for various reasons, you can safely use castor oil to lengthen your eyelashes and tighten your eyebrows.
How to Apply Castor Oil to Eyelashes and Eyebrows?
This is the easiest way you can use for your lashes.
- Cleanse your face and make sure that no makeup residue is left on your eyes.
- Get a clean mascara brush.
- Dip it in castor oil and carefully apply it to your upper and lower lash line, making sure it touches each lash.
- Leave it overnight and clean it with some rose water or make-up remover wipes in the morning.
Olive oil is rich in vitamins A and E and is also loaded with antioxidants. Mixing coconut oil and olive oil is extremely beneficial as your lashes will absorb the benefits of both oils.
- Start with an empty bottle or container as you can keep it for several uses.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of castor oil into the bottle.
- Make sure the oils are mixed together.
- Use a clean mascara brush or eyeliner brush to apply this mixture to your lower and upper lashes.
- 5. Leave it on overnight, using a make-up remover wipe to remove it in the morning.
Sweet almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E, magnesium and calcium. It helps add incredible shine to your lashes – by thickening, strengthening and lengthening them. If you want extra benefits and faster results for your lashes, it’s a good idea to mix almond oil and castor oil.
- Start by finding a small glass bottle or container to store the mixture for several uses.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil into a bowl.
- Once the oils are mixed, use a clean mascara brush or eyeliner brush to apply this mixture to your lashes.
- Leave overnight for best results.
Vaseline is an incredible conditioner and moisturizer for dry or brittle eyelashes. Coconut oil is rich in nutrients and will help make your lashes dark, soft and shiny. You should definitely try this amazing recipe.
- To make this serum, take a clean small container or jar.
- Add 2 parts vaseline, 1 part coconut oil and one part castor oil.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Apply this mixture to your upper and lower lashes with an eyeliner brush or a clean mascara brush.
- Let it sit overnight and clean it in the morning using a makeup remover wipe.
- Take a small bottle or container and pour some castor oil into it.
- Now add 2 drops of glycerine into the oil.
- Add two drops of egg white to this mixture.
- Using a clean mascara brush, gently apply your homemade serum to your upper and lower lashes.
- You can leave it overnight or two hours before washing it off.
What Are the Benefits of Castor Oil for Eyelashes?
Castor oil is the most effective home remedy to lengthen eyelashes. Here’s why this vegetable oil works – it’s packed with protein, minerals, fatty acids like linoleic, steraic and palmitic ricinoleic acids, as well as antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also contains natural ingredients that promote hair growth.
Castor oil naturally contains high ricinoleic acid. This makes up the majority (85-90%) of the fat and is an omega-8 fatty acid. It provides incredible nourishment to your lashes and accelerates lash growth.
Vitamin E works as an antioxidant and aids in tissue repair and formation. It repairs the damage to your hair follicles so that healthy follicles support hair growth.
If you have brittle and tired eyelashes, castor oil deeply nourishes and moisturizes your eyelashes. Undoubtedly, it will help your lashes to grow in the best possible way.