The problem of swelling of the legs can be caused by many causes, from anemia to heart disease. Leg swelling is caused by fluid accumulation in the leg tissues and joints. Swelling of the leg can be seen on both the right and left leg as it is only one foot.
Causes Swelling in the Legs?
- To sit for a long time (travel, business, etc.)
- Staying for a long time
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory bone disease)
- Heart, liver and kidney diseases
- Blood clot throb
- Lung cancer
- Side effects of drugs used
- Formation of clot on the leg
- Reduction of protein (albumin) in blood
- Vascular expansion of the legs
- Acute renal failure
- Cardiomyopathy (heart muscle problem)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Kidney diseases such as nephrotic syndrome, acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Heart failure
- Hormone therapy
- Lymphedema (congestion in the lymphatic system)
- Nephrotic syndrome (small filtration in the kidneys causing damage to the blood vessels)
- Use of painkillers such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB) or naproxen (Aleve)
- Pericarditis (ltihap in tissue around the heart)
- Having very low thyroid levels (hypothyroidism): Normally, symptoms such as fatigue and weight gain are experienced.
- Temperature: Some people have swollen legs in warm weather. Usually this is not a condition to worry about and there is no need for treatment.
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Some prescription medications used for diabetes and high blood pressure
- Thrombophlebitis (usually a blood clot formed on the leg)
- Venous insufficiency
- Magnesium deficiency
Which Doctorate To Go To Inflatable Bacaklarla?
To the internal medicine doctor.
How to swell in the legs?
Treatment for swelling in the legs will vary depending on the main cause of the condition. For example; if the swelling in the leg is caused by edema; this will improve in the short term by using drugs called urine extractors. Urine removers; increases the amount of filtered fluid (urine) in the kidney. Magnesium deficiency is caused by leg swelling, which may cause magnesium swelling. Treatment of leg swelling such as this depends on the cause of this condition.
Herbal Natural Treatment Methods for Inflatable Legs
Water with lemon juice
Drinking lemon juice removes the excess fluids and toxins in the body and removes swelling in the legs. Moreover; lemon water in the body of thirst to prevent inflammation removal properties show.
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons lemon juice into 1 cup hot water.
- You can taste it by adding some honey.
- Consume this mixture several times a day.
The dandelion extract reduces the swelling in the leg by digesting excess water in the body. In a study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine in 2009; dandelion herb has been written to effectively reduce fluid accumulation in the body.
- Dandelion also helps regulate the level of sodium in the body.
- Add 1 teaspoon fresh or freed dandelion leaves into 1 cup hot water and brew for 5 minutes. Then strain and consume tea 2 or 3 times a day.
British salt; It is very effective in reducing the swelling in the body and feeling the pain and discomfort. Magnesium sulfate in the British salt is easily absorbed on the skin surface, helps to accelerate blood circulation and relieves swelling.
- Add half a glass of british salt into the tub.
- Swollen your legs soak in this water 10 to 15.
- Repeat this method 3 times a week.
In fact, the most effective way of relieving swelling in the legs is regular exercise. Exercise accelerates blood circulation in the body and prevents blood accumulation in the lower leg
- An effective exercise that will reduce swelling in the legs is a swim. Swimming also helps to reduce inflammation and pain caused by swelling in the leg.
- In addition, at least 5 days a week 30 minutes walking or jogging will be useful.
Use Varicose Vein Stocking
Another method that can be used to relieve the swelling in the legs is varis’ socks. You should consult your cardiovascular doctor about the correct size and frequency of the varicose veins to be used.
Lack of magnesium mineral in the body may also cause swelling of the legs. In this regard, consumption of foods rich in magnesium will help.
- Foods rich in magnesium (dark green leaves, nuts, fish, soy beans, avocados, bananas and dark chocolate, etc.) should be consumed.
- You can also consult your doctor and use magnesium supplements.
Apply Cold Compress
Remove the ice cubes from the freezer and wrap them in a clean cloth and hold on to your swollen leg.