The area of the waist area is called flattening. There is an innate arc in the Bel area. This area is called flattening the waist to lose the curve of flattening. It is normal for the person to have a slight inclination in the spine structure . Wrong exercises, sudden and reverse movements, to carry the weight of the waist to lift, to remove the waist area naturally found in this curvature of the waist will cause the flattening of the waist. Waist flattening is generally not congenital but is a disease that develops slowly as a result of incorrect living conditions and erroneous movements.
Underexposed waist flattening may cause severe back pain and slowing or even loss of movement. Timely diagnosis will also facilitate treatment.
In patients with waist flattening, the lumbar spine, which should normally be present, can be lost, causing abnormal structures in the body and spine. The patient has difficulty in standing upright. However, imbalance in the muscles becomes tired and painful. Waist flattening may be caused by degenerative disc disease, lumbar post laminectomy syndrome, compression fractures, ankylosing spondylitis.
In addition to regional pain in waist flattening, this pain can be felt more intensely with sudden and impulsive movements.
Your doctor will diagnose waist flattening by x-ray. It is the most preferred physical therapy for treatment.
Physical therapy gives good results in many patients and treatment is provided without the need for surgery.
In the treatment stages, good results are obtained with the strengthening of the muscles with various compelling exercises such as the operation of the muscles with simple and light movements, and then with weight lifting. Physical therapy and spinal manipulation will be preferred according to the needs of the patient. The drugs to be used in waist flattening are aimed at relieving these patients. Spinal cord injection is one of the methods used in the treatment. Surgery may be required in patients with advanced waist flattening. The aim of the surgery is to relieve the patient’s severe pain and to maximize the spinal structure.
Symptoms of Waist Straightening
In the flattening of the waist, the spinal structure deteriorates, the muscle tendons and ligaments lose their former strength and try to adapt to this flattening state. When the waist is flattened, mind is a disease in itself. However, this discomfort, sometimes occurring on its own, can sometimes be caused by another spinal discomfort. Knowing this detail will help us to get to know our disease well and to protect as much as we can. Waist flattening means the flattening of the oval entrance in the waist of the spine. This affects multiple structures. These; muscles, tendons and ligaments that try to adapt to the new situation by weakening or stretching. As a result of all these changes, the following symptoms can be observed:
- Stress in standing upright
- The need to bend forward
- Frequent pain in the waist and legs
- Muscle fatigue, muscle aches
- As time progresses, the patient realizes that the symptoms mentioned above increase and their tendencies tend to increase.
Why is the flattening of the waist?
- Undoubtedly, the most common cause of waist flattening is immobility. Still, the muscles on the waist are weakened and weakened. For this reason, waist flattening is frequently seen in individuals who are required to sit down. Accounting personnel, bankers and insurers, writers, factory workers, drivers and assembly elements, such as occupational diseases in the working people emerges. Besides, waist flattening is seen in the people sitting in front of the computer too.
- Another factor that causes the balance of the disc in the waist to increase balance and the sensitivity of this region is to carry a heavy load. This is one of the reasons for waist flattening.
- When the skeletal system cannot carry excess weight and the spine discs are damaged, waist flattening occurs. Weight is the most common cause of flattening in overweight people. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid overweight.
- If the waist area is hit with a fall and the like, damage is likely to occur.
- As a result of subsequent problems and discomfort,
- Congenital skeletal disorders such as scoliosis can also trigger waist flattening.
- Some spine surgeries, for example; In addition to the shortage of the waist slope occurring after laminectomy (disruption of the joint protrusion of the vertebrae), the problem of lumbar flattening may occur.
- As a result of bone melting, changes occur in the neck of multiple vertebrae, resulting in a problem of waist flattening.
- Ankylosing spondylitis (inflammation of the entire skeletal system) causes humpback and waist flattening.
Medical Causes of Waist Flattening
1) Degenerative Disc Disease;
This disease, which causes flattening of the waist over time, is a kind of progressive wear disease among the vertebrae and seen in the tissues responsible for absorbing pressure.
2) Waist Surgery Syndrome;
The surgeries performed in the spine problems caused by laminectomy or nerve narrowing mentioned above may reduce waist slope and lead to waist flattening.
3) Spinal Compression Fractures;
Generally, when pressure fractures caused by bone resorption lead to changes in the size of a large number of vertebrae, long waist flattening may occur.
4) Ankylosing Spondylitis;
This is a chronic inflammatory disease. It causes stiffness and joint disorders in the entire spine. With these disorders, humpback (kyphosis) and waist flattening can be seen.
Treatment of Waist Straightening
The person who detects the symptoms should first go to a Brain Surgery specialist. The doctor will see the size of the X-rays. The waist flattening will be easily understood by physical examination before the x-ray film, but the doctor will ask for an MRI film to learn the cause of flattening. If deemed appropriate, the physician guiding the physical therapy department will want to re-check the patient at the end of the physical therapy process.
1) Waist Straightening Physical Therapy
In addition to the physical therapy that will be performed in the physical therapy department, your doctor will recommend a number of waist exercises for the work of your waist muscles. These exercises are extremely important for treatment. After a physical therapy in 20-25 sessions, waist straightening can be eliminated.
2) Waist Straightening Drug Treatment
There are a number of medications involved in the treatment of waist flattening. These are the first painkillers. Muscle relaxants are prescribed. These medications will make the treatment process more comfortable. In addition to or alternative to medication, pain reliever and muscle relaxant creams are also applied. The use of paracetamol also relieves waist and leg pain. Non-steroidal pain relief drugs such as ibuprofen may also be used.
Without disrupting, many patients who perform their exercises in a stable manner are recovering and even improving without the need for surgery.
Below, we write down a few exercises that are appropriate for the patients who have waist flattening:
Zaman içinde kasılmış ve sertleşmiş kasları rahatlatmak için önerilir. Tension Stretching: It is recommended to relieve tense and stiffened muscles over time. Implementing the following exercises during the day will provide quick relief:
- Lie on your back. Raise your knees on the floor of the soles. Without changing your waist position and without support from your hands, lift one leg to the ceiling, position your leg flat, draw circles in the air.
- With your hands, support your tibia and pull your leg towards your abdomen. During this time, your other leg should be in a flat position at some height.
- Sit on the floor by stretching your feet straight. Open your arms. Return as far as possible from your waist.
Yüz üstü uzanın. Strengthening Movements: Lie down. Your toes are straight out, your arms straight in front of your head; Take the Superman position. Lift your feet and arms as far as you can. If the movement is too difficult, fold your arms with you, repeat the movement without getting support from your hands.
Bir duvarı arkanıza alarak bir adım ilerleyin. Stretching Movement: Take a wall and take a step. Raise your arms over your head. Stretch backwards until you reach the wall without moving your feet.
4) Health ball
Lay your waist down to match the health ball that you dropped. Back and forth on the ball with the support of your feet.
5) Surgical Intervention
Surgical intervention may be necessary in cases of painful and severe damage to the waist caused by severe pain. Spinal ostectomy is common during such surgery. By removing triangular prismatic bone fragments from one or more of the vertebrae, the spine gains the slope it needs.
Does Bel Straightening Pass?
If the necessary treatment methods are strictly applied, of course. As we mentioned at the beginning of our article, if there are some waist problems with the flattening of the waist, treatment for them should also be applied. Another important point is that physical therapy and exercises are performed consistently. This treatment process is also supported with drugs and a positive result is obtained with drug treatments.