Almond oil is a natural oil rich in vitamins and minerals. The benefits of almond oil to the skin are due to its rich content. On the other hand, almond oil is extremely beneficial for body health. It can be purchased from herbalists or pharmacies. However, if we are considering skin care with almond oil, we need to buy natural products from reliable brands in order to be effective.
Question: Can almond oil be applied to the face?
The answer of the dermatologist Hatice Erdem; ‘Almond oil meets the moisture and nutritional needs of the skin. It is recommended to be applied to the body and especially to the abdomen. It can be used alone. However, both topical agents and other substances carry the risk of irritation and allergies. The same is true for almond oil. For this, it is recommended to test the effect of the oil by rubbing a small amount on the inside of your arm before the application. It is safe to use if it does not cause sensitivity and redness on the skin. However, it is not recommended to apply it to the face area because it may cause hair growth.
Question: I use almond oil. But I am worried, will almond oil cause hair growth?
Exp. Dr. Deniz Arsan Sir’s answer: ‘No, almond oil does not have such an effect. If you apply cortisone products to your skin, hair growth may occur. ‘
How to Apply Sweet Almond Oil to Face & Skin?
You can apply 3-4 drops of almond oil to a clean cotton ball and apply it to your face. Or you can add almond oil to your face masks. You can mix 1 teaspoon of almond oil, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of yogurt and apply this mask on your skin once a week. Keep it on your face for half an hour and wash with water. Regular use of this mask will also help eliminate skin blemishes.
What Are The Benefits Of Almond Oil And Sweet Almond Oil For The Skin?
- With its high amount of antioxidant content, almond oil prevents aging and removes wrinkles.
- Almond Oil is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants. With this feature, it renews skin cells and removes blemishes on the skin.
- Almond oil evens out the skin tone and removes tone changes in the skin.
- It treats dry skin. Almond oil has been used for centuries to treat dry skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- It reduces the appearance of scars. In ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, almond oil was used to heal the scar. Thanks to its vitamin E content, almond oil can help smooth the skin.
- It reduces the appearance of cracks. According to a 2016 study, sweet almond oil can be an effective treatment for preventing and reducing stretch marks.
- According to a study documented in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, almond oil can protect your skin from the sun as well as repair damage to your skin as a result of exposure to UV rays.
- Almond oil contains high concentrations of vitamin E, magnesium phosphorus and copper and is therefore rich in antioxidants and effective at curing acne.
- Moisturizes the skin: Applying almond oil to your skin is a great way to lock in moisture and keep your skin radiant throughout the day.
- Since almond oil is rich in Vitamin A, it helps to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, giving your skin a more youthful appearance.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, almond oil can be used to reduce puffiness and dark circles around the eyes.
- Rubbing some almond oil on your lips every night can heal dry, chapped lips.
What Benefits Sweet Almond Oil For The Skin
There are two types of almond oil: sweet and bitter. Sweet almond oil is the type that suits your skin better. Sweet almond oil contains the following nutrients:
- Vitamin A: Retinol in vitamin A has the ability to produce new skin cells and eliminate fine lines.
- Vitamin E: This nutrient has antioxidant properties that will help prevent and repair cell damage. Repairs skin damage caused by ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These nutrients can help prevent premature aging and protect skin from sunlight.
- Zinc: Zinc, found in sweet almond oil, is an essential nutrient for healing acne or other facial scars.