What Does Urobilinogen Mean?
Urobilinogen; is a compound present in the urine. Urobilinogen amount in urine can be measured by urinalysis. Urobilinogen; It is formed by the destruction of bilirubin. Bilirubin is a yellowish compound that helps break down red blood cells in livers. Normally, there is a small amount of urokinogen in the urine, but this amount is small. If the urine has very little urodynamic or, at least, this indicates that the liver is not functioning properly. High levels of urodynamic levels in urine may be indicative of liver diseases such as hepatitis and cirrhosis.
Why Do I Have to Test Urobilinogen in Urine?
Urobilinogen testing is part of a urinalysis, a test that measures different cells, chemicals and other substances in the urine. Urine analysis is usually part of a routine examination.
Doctor; When the patient sees a symptom of liver disease can do urrobilinogen testing as part of routine tests to monitor liver disease. These symptoms are:
- Jaundice (skin or eye)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dark urine
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Itching on the skin
Normal Urobilinogen Level in Urine
The level of urinary urobilinogen in urine is less than 17 umol / L (
Increased urobilinogen levels RBC (red blood cell) destruction may be excessive, liver overload, hematoma, poisoning, and even may indicate liver cirrhosis.
Decrease in the level of urobilinogen may indicate a blockage in the bile duct system or bile production.
What are the Causes of Urobilinogen in Urine?
Hemolysis is the destruction of red blood cells before their normal life spans. Red blood cells normally live between 110 and 120 days. After this time they are naturally decomposed and are mostly removed from the circulation by the spleen.
Some diseases or processes may cause red blood cells to be destroyed early. This requires bone marrows to produce more than normal red blood cells. The balance between red blood cell destruction and production determines how low the red blood cell level is.
Causes of hemolysis: immune diseases, infections, drug side effects and intoxications.
Folic acid and vitamin B12 are essential for the production of red blood cells. Inadequate of any of these two components in the body; pernicious anemia (a condition where there is not enough red blood cells in the body) An insufficient amount of B12 causes destruction of red blood cells in the bone marrow and indirectly increases bilirubin production.
It is the main organ involved in many metabolic processes, including the processing of liver bilirubin. When the liver is not working enough; Bilirubin accumulates, resulting in the accumulation of urokinogen. There are many diseases that affect the liver: hepatitis, cirrhosis and lung cancer.
Dubin-Johnson syndrome is a rare hereditary disease that causes an increase in the amount of bilirubin. When the liver of these individuals is examined, the liver appears black due to the accumulation of a melanin-like pigment.
Congestive Heart Failure
It is a condition in which the heart cannot pump as much blood as it needs to provide adequate perfusion. Urobilinogen is present in the urine.
Other causes of urobinogen in urine:
- Lead poisoning
- Cholestasis and bile duct obstruction
- Crigler-Najjar syndrome
- Side effects of some drugs
- Rotor syndrome
What Does Urobilinogen Test Results in Urine Mean?
If the test results are too low, the absence of urodynamic levels in urine, or no negative results, may indicate:
- A blockage in the structures carrying the bile from the liver
- A blockage in the blood flow of the liver
- A problem in liver function
If your test results are positive (higher than normal), this may indicate:
- Drug-induced liver damage
Hemolytic anemia is a condition in which red blood cells are destroyed before they are replaced. This causes the body not to have enough red blood cells.
How to Lower the High Urobilinogen Level in Urine?
- Meyve ve sebzelerin bulunduğu sağlıklı bir beslenme düzeni; Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables: a healthy diet with fruits and vegetables ; It is useful for balancing liver health and urodynamic levels. Red vegetables and fruits contain compounds that lower bilirubin levels to help lower urobilinogen levels. The tomato food is wonderful about it.
- Lif; Add fiber and healthy cereals to your diet: can help the liver to be healthy. Fruit and vegetables in addition to fiber; It is found in healthy whole grains, rice and nuts. The amount of fiber to be taken daily is 25 grams in males; and 35 grams in women.
- Sağlıksız beslenme karaciğer fonksiyonu bozabilir, bilirubin ve ürobilinojen seviyesinin yükselmesine neden olabilir. Avoid processed foods: Unhealthy nutrition can disrupt liver function, and may lead to an increase in bilirubin and urobilinogen levels. Most follow a diet filled with fresh, unprocessed and natural foods. Avoid refined sugar, refined carbohydrates, fast food, fried foods, prepackaged and processed foods.
- Ürobilinojen seviyesini normal seviyelerde tutmaya yardımcı olan tek kolay yol, vücuda bol bol sıvı almaktadır. For plenty of water: The only easy way to help keep urodynamic levels at normal levels is by taking plenty of fluid into the body. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.