Do you know that avocado, which is among the tropical fruits, has benefits for human health? In researches, avocado, which has been found to destroy cancerous cells, is also rich in substances that lower the level of bad cholesterol in the blood. So what are the benefits of avocado? How is avocado consumed? What diseases are avocados good for? You can find all of our questions in the answer news.
Avocado, whose homeland is Central Mexico, belongs to the laurel family, which includes cinnamon and camphor trees, which are classified as closed seeds. The outer shell of the fruit, which has a large seed inside, is peeled and consumed. The interior of the avocado, which has green and black colors, is in yellow green tones. It can be consumed raw and fresh as well as added to meals or salads. Compatible with the Mediterranean climate, avocados grow easily in all hot climates. Avocado produced in the Mediterranean Region in our country is also a fruit grown in Rize. The history of avocado goes back to very old years. There is also information about the ancient inscriptions about the avocado, which was drawn to the caves in 10.000 BC After the avocado seedlings brought from the USA for experimental purposes in the 1970s, production gained pace with appreciation and demand. The fruit at that time was also called the American pear.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AVOCADO?
– Contains more potassium than banana. In this way, it reduces the risk of high blood pressure, heart failure and stroke by balancing blood pressure. Experts emphasize that an avocado easily meets the potassium the body needs.
– Avocado, consisting of 30 percent fiber, takes the first place in diet lists. Avocado, which relaxes the digestive system, speeds up the metabolism. In addition to facilitating weight loss, it both speeds up the body’s fat burning and increases its energy.
– It is the same as the unsaturated fatty acid in olive oil with the oleic acid oil it contains. In this way, the oil it contains provides very beneficial to the body. It supports the better functioning of the cells’ tissues.
– In a study, some people were given avocado while others were not. A month later, people who had a blood test regularly had low cholesterol levels while those who consumed regular avocados had a low level of bad cholesterol.
– Avocado, a powerful antioxidant, reduces the rate of toxins and acids in the body. It provides rapid renewal of cells. Experts say that the patients who have undergone chemotherapy should consume, preventing the cells from damaging the radiation.
– Avocado, which is also rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, which is effective in eye health, prevents the formation of diseases such as cataracts. It decreases vision loss by increasing the liquid and vitamin ratio in the eye.
– It is useful although its content is high. This oil balances hormones by supporting the work of thyroids. It also prevents the formation of mental illnesses by increasing the functionality of the nervous system. It prevents diseases such as depression and stress, which are especially common today.
– Arthritis actually causes chronic diseases in body health. However, the arthritis contained in avocados benefits for bone health. In addition, it reduces the risk of diseases that occur in older ages such as osteoporosis.
– Contains iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, manganese, copper, vitamins C, E, K and B complex.
– Avocado, which is especially recommended for those who do sports, prevents quick fatigue thanks to its high energy.
HOW TO EAT AVOCADO?
Avocado, which can be consumed by peeling the outer shell and removing the seeds, is also made with tea. A whole avocado with its leaves is cut and boiled by adding 3 cups of water. The resulting tea can be consumed both. It can also give a tonic effect by applying cotton in the skin. However, pregnant women should not consume.
IS AVOCADO DAMAGED?
Pregnant and lactating mothers should definitely consult a specialist without consuming it. In addition, people who are allergic to latex, who have sensitive skin, those who use chronic medication and who struggle with upper respiratory diseases are not recommended to be consumed. When it is consumed excessively, it can cause itching, redness, and mouth sores.