Do you know that the most consumed drinks of winter, boza and saleb, have incredible benefits for human health? We searched for those who are curious about these two drinks that strengthen the immune system. So what are the benefits of boza and saleb? Which diseases are boza and salep good for? We also had an interview with expert Dietitian Bahtınur Yılmaz about these two drinks.
Rich in iron, phosphorus, niacin, sodium, A, B1, B2 and E vitamins and minerals, the brownie has many benefits to health. When cinnamon and roasted chickpeas are added to the boza, its benefit increases twice. Millet semolina, boza made of water and sugar is the oldest drink in Turkish history. This flavor spread from Central Asia has spread to countries such as Kosovo, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia and Romania. Apart from millet semolina, it is also made by fermenting cereals such as corn, barley, rye, oats, wheat, buckwheat, albanian, gernik, sometimes rice and bread, rarely hemp flour and barberry. Ibn Battuta, who was an Arab traveler in Boza, mentioned the most consumed beverage in Turkish soil at the beginning of the 14th century. In addition to the deer, which is seen as the harbinger of winter in the Ottoman Empire, salep is the most consumed beverage. Salep, on the other hand, was born from the Balkans and spread all over the world. Salep is produced from a plant. Seeds in the root of the Aleppo plant are collected and powdered and cooked with milk. Cinnamon is added and consumed. Salep is also the raw material of ice cream in summer. Dietician Bahtınur Yılmaz, Yasemin at MedıcalPark GOP Hospital. com reporter answered questions from Müge Çakmak’s salep and boza:
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BOZA AND THE SALEB?
– Increases the body’s immune resistance. It provides a miraculous effect especially for the immune system.
– It relieves stomach aches, especially post-meal ailments such as stomach contraction, heartburn and indigestion. Therefore, it is more beneficial to consume it at night.
– It protects the body in the fight against infectious diseases that increase in winter. It provides constant cough and sore throat benefits.
– Thanks to the milk it contains, the boza, which has a probiotic effect, prevents the formation of carcinogenic cells formed in the body. Thanks to the high calcium it contains, it strengthens the bone and muscle structure.
– There is plenty of acid in both boza, cinnamon and roasted chickpea. These acid substances support the cleansing of the intestines from toxins.
– Reduces the rate of catching stress and depression disorders by renewing the cells in the nervous system and increasing the happiness hormone.
– A glass of boza consumed during the day allows you to be energetic and have a comfortable sleep during the day.
– Relieves sore chest and throat due to infection. It is good for dry cough.
– It makes digestion easier. It facilitates defecation especially by decreasing the problem of constipation. It also balances the level of flora in the intestine.
– Regulates blood flow. In this way, it improves both heartbeat and brain functions. Increases concentrated power and prevents diseases such as forgetfulness.
– Controls body temperature. It protects immunity against diseases.
– Reduces the severe situations experienced by women during their menstrual periods.