Hazelnut, which is the livelihood of more than half of the people living in the Black Sea lands in our country, is rich in vitamin E. Hazelnut, which has been consumed for centuries, is used as a raw material in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry. We have researched everything about hazelnut, which has rich values for you. So what are the benefits of hazelnut? It can be consumed in a variety of ways, from oil to peel and raw form.
There are many types of hazelnuts that require high precipitation. It contains unsaturated fatty acids, phytochemicals, fiber and E vitamins as well as minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium. Unprocessed raw hazelnuts also contain protein, antioxidant, carbohydrate, B riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, pyridoxine, pantothenic and zinc. Raw hazelnuts, which have many benefits from heart attacks to balancing sugar in the blood, provide 100 percent of the energy needed by the body when consumed a handful a day. In addition, raw hazelnuts are very beneficial for skin and digestion. However, excessively consumed hazelnuts can cause weight gain. In addition, some people are allergic with symptoms such as stomach pain, itching on the skin, and irritation of the throat. In our country, cities such as Giresun, Ordu, Trabzon, Rize and Artvin that produce hazelnuts come. In the science literature “Betulaceae” known as. Belonging to the birch family “Corylus” It grows on shrub and tree species that make up its genus. It starts to green in March and April. Some farmers collect these forms. Others wait for it to mature further.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAZELNUT?
– In researches, it has been observed that raw hazelnuts prevent clogging by protecting the vascular walls and consequently prevent cardiovascular diseases. It has also been revealed that it reduces the risk of heart attack thanks to its vitamin E content.
– Digestion needs a source of fiber to function healthier. Thus, grinding occurs more easily in the stomach. As the intestines work better, it reduces the possibility of serious health problems such as cancer as well as diseases that reduce the quality of life such as diarrhea and constipation. Fiber not only balances digestion but also blood sugar, eliminating the risk of diabetes.
– Thanks to its high antioxidant, it reduces aging by removing harmful cells in the body and protecting the health of other cells. It also reduces the risk of skin diseases that are likely to cause harmful rays such as UVA / UVB entering the body. Raw hazelnuts provide the brightness and vitality of the skin, giving it a more vigorous and youthful appearance.
– Decreased calcium in joints and bones causes severe pain. Health problems such as cramps also occur as a result of such situations. Magnesium supplements should be made to reduce pain in certain areas, especially in muscle fatigue and menstrual periods. Experts recommend a handful of raw hazelnuts a day to avoid such problems.
– Since it is a powerful antioxidant, it cannot only regenerate cells in the body. It also reduces the risk of cancer by reducing the number of cells with damaged DNA and tumor.
– Rich in vitamin B6, raw hazelnut activates the nerves in the brain. As a result of the proper functioning of these nerve signals, it decreases the possibility of experiencing ailments such as stress and depression. At the same time, these signals enable body movements to function healthier.
– Having a high percentage of unsaturated fat, raw hazelnuts keep you full for a long time when consumed a handful a day. It also supports the burning of body fat.
WHAT DOES HAZELNUT OIL DO?
Corylus, the fruit of the hazelnut tree, the pure oil flows from it as it gets squeezed. Hazelnut oil, which is a strong vitamin E, strengthens the hair follicles and prevents them from drying and shedding. In addition, it balances the pH of the skin. It delays aging by preserving its flexibility. In some cosmetic experiments, it has been determined that hazelnut oil prevents acne and acne formation. But before trying hazelnut oil, always consult an expert. Otherwise, not everyone may react differently because their skin type is not the same.
WHAT IS HAZELNUT SHELL USED FOR?
There is a fact that almost nobody knows about the hazelnut shell. It also includes incredible benefits. It contains Paclitaxel and other derivatives of taxanes that prevent the formation of cancerous cells. Thanks to these substances, hazelnut shell is added as raw material to the production of cancer drugs. At the same time, hazelnut kernel containing vitamin E is boiled and added to skin care products. The hazelnut shell, which prevents premature aging, easily meets 70 percent of the vitamins A and C needed. When the hazelnut shell is boiled and its water is consumed, it also balances the intestinal flora. It prevents cardiovascular diseases by balancing blood values.