Skin beauty is very important for us women. We try various natural masks to have beautiful skin. One of these masks is the face mask made by mixing olive oil and lemon.
Olive Oil Lemon Mask for Baby-Like Skin Smoothing Face by Beauty Expert Suna Dumankaya
Mix 1 amount of virgin olive oil, hot water, 4 drops of lemon juice. Before massaging, wash your face with lukewarm water without soap, then rinse with cold water. Then, lightly massage with some olive oil and let it sit for a while. Wash with warm water without using soap again, rinse with cold water. Your face will be fresh soft and smooth after this procedure.
Smoothing Skin with Olive Oil and Lemon Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil in a bowl. Apply this all over the face and massage for a minute or two. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Finally, rinse with cold water, do this 2-3 times a week. Lemon juice opens the pores and brightens the skin. It is also an astringent and antiseptic.
What Are The Benefits Of Olive Oil And Lemon Mixture For The Skin
- The face mask prepared by mixing olive oil and lemon helps to increase the elasticity, smoothness, moisture and natural radiance of the skin.
- Olive oil is considered to be the closest to the chemical structure of our skin’s natural oils. In addition to providing bright and healthy skin, it is also very effective in combating other skin problems such as blackheads and whiteheads.
- Lemon juice naturally contains plenty of vitamin C, an antioxidant that can help prevent skin damage and premature aging.
- Olive oil contains abundant antioxidants such as oleic acid and squalene that help protect the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals that accelerate the aging process of the skin.
- Lemon can be used as a skin firmer as it helps to close your pores and tighten your face.
- Since olive oil is a good moisturizer, it keeps the skin moist, at the same time, it makes the skin supple and shiny, prevents it from drying in winter.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten and whiten your skin when used as a mask in combination with olive oil.
- Olive oil is a natural treatment for blackheads and whiteheads.
- Olive oil contains vitamin E, flavonoids and polyphenols that increase skin cell turnover, making your skin healthy and radiant from within.
- Olive oil fights bacteria, fungi and viruses and can help treat skin infections.
What are the damages of lemon juice and olive oil mask on skin?
- Lemon juice is acidic and easily irritates the skin and can cause itching, burning, and redness.
- Lemon has a drying effect on your skin due to its acidic nature. Avoid using skin masks made with excessive amounts of lemon juice.
- Always dilute lemon juice with water, olive oil or rose water before using it on your face. Otherwise, it may cause dryness, redness and irritation on the skin.
- Never go out in the sun after applying a lemon juice olive oil mask on your face, it may cause skin staining.