Tomato juice is a great drink with vitamin A, vitamin B6, magnesium, iron and calcium content. If you don’t like the taste of tomato juice, consuming other vegetable juices such as carrots by mixing it with tomato juice both improves the taste of this drink and helps to make it a healthier drink. The wonderful benefits of tomato juice include running the digestive system, helping to lose weight, detoxifying the body, lowering cholesterol, strengthening bones, preventing some cancers, supporting cardiovascular health and reducing inflammation. Other benefits of tomato juice to health are as follows;
- Tomato juice provides plenty of natural vitamins and minerals to the body such as vitamin C, iron, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7.
- 1 cup tomato juice contains 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1.8 g protein and 0.1 g fat.
- Tomato juice contains lycopene, a strong antioxidant. It is useful in lowering blood pressure because it helps protect blood lymphocytes.
- The high level of vitamin C in tomato juice supports our immune system, fights viruses and infections.
- Tomato juice is rich in lycopene antioxidant known to be an effective shield against breast cancer, prostate cancer, coronary artery disease, and vascular occlusion.
- Tomato juice is ideal for those who want to lose weight because they contain less calories and less fat.
- Vitamin A in tomato juice helps to support blood vessels and improves vision. Chinese medicine also recommends the use of tomato shells as an eye mask.
- Tomato juice is good for diabetics because it contains low carbohydrates. It controls the sugar level in the urine of diabetics and is also useful for people who are trying to lose weight.
- Tomato juice helps to improve digestion, liver function and defecation movements.
- Tomato juice consumption naturally lowers cholesterol so that it often prevents the use of cholesterol-lowering drugs that are harmful to the prescribed health.
- Helps to prevent joint pain and respiratory diseases.
- Tomato juice is effective in improving morning sickness, indigestion, gastrointestinal diseases, excessive gas formation in the intestine.
- The fresh tomato juice mixed with pepper and salt can also be served as a delicious drink that helps reduce nauseating feeling.
- Tomato juice treats urinary tract infections and prevents the formation of kidney and gallbladder stones.
- The antioxidant nature helps in strengthening the amount of calcium in the bones.
- Tomato juice raises the formation of sugar and instantly gives energy when consumed.
- Tomato juice is rich in potassium, which is a necessary mineral in human nutrition.
- Tomato juice stimulates the production of carnitine, which can lead to weight loss and allow fat to be used more quickly by the body.
- Beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin in tomato juice contribute to the development of eye health.
- Lycopene and bioflavonoids which are known as cancer inhibitors in tomato juice are more beneficial than beta carotene. Researchers have shown lycopene in cancer cell culture and prevented growth of these cultures.
- Tomato juice is an antioxidant store, and consuming it also helps to get rid of free radicals in the body so that it remains young and energetic.
- Tomato juice has many benefits for skin. Helps get rid of sunburn, skin colorlessness, prevents acne, tightens open pores and regulates sebum secretion in oily skin.
How is tomato juice made?
It is easy to make tomato juice at home instead of buying canned goods from the market. Homemade tomato juice has more health benefits and is a cheaper option compared to canned pests containing harmful preservatives. To make at home, you must buy fresh tomatoes or grow tomatoes first. Then, the outer layer is completely washed out because it contains insecticide. There are two ways to remove the tomato juice after washing. You can peel off and boil the thin crust, or if you want raw water, you can pass washed tomatoes through the juicer.