Make-up sponge is one of the most important parts of make-up. Thanks to the make-up sponge, make-up materials such as foundation are evenly distributed on our skin and a more natural appearance appears.
What is Make-up Sponge?
The make-up sponge is used when applying liquid foundation, powder, concealer and highlighter and provides a good spread of makeup. It is possible to obtain a make-up sponge that helps to obtain a natural look from cosmetologists or order it online. This product, which facilitates the use of foundation and concealer, is among the greatest helpers of a perfect make-up.
How to Use Make-up Sponge?
- It is more effective to use the make-up sponge when it is moist. Before starting to make up, let’s fill a bowl with water to moisten the sponge a little and dip the sponge into it, then take it out and squeeze it with our hands. Thus, our sponge will soften. In addition, it will not absorb the foundation we apply.
- When using the make-up sponge, do not press it, it will be enough to apply it in the form of tiny dots. It is very important that the driving technique is correct. If you want to get efficiency, you should apply it in small strokes, not rubbing.
- BB cream and foundation should not be sprayed on the sponge. Otherwise, since these materials will be absorbed by the sponge, you will have to increase their amount. For this reason, when applying it to your face, you should apply it in small spots and spread it with a sponge.
- We can also use the make-up sponge while applying moisturizer. After applying our moisturizer on the sponge, we can apply it to our face with circular movements.
- We should prefer funnel-shaped makeup sponges. Because it is easier to use. The narrow part of the funnel-shaped make-up sponge is used for the edges of the nose, around the lips and especially around the eyes. Its wide area is for use on the forehead and cheeks.
- What is a make-up sponge used for? The answer we can give to the question is not just about using foundation. At the same time, make-up sponge is used when using blush, powder and illuminator. After the foundation is applied to the whole face, if the powder is applied to the cheekbones, T-zone and under the eyes, your skin will look brighter and brighter. This is one of the important details you should pay attention to during makeup.
How to Clean the Makeup Sponge?
You should clean the makeup sponge after a few uses. This is easy to do.
First, let’s wash our makeup sponge thoroughly with white soap.
Then we wrap it in a paper towel and let it dry.
If you use the make-up sponge without cleaning, it may cause acne formation.
You should not neglect to clean 1-2 times a week.
On the other hand, it is beneficial to change your make-up sponge every 1-2 months for your skin health.
After cleaning, you should take care to put it in its box. Thus, you keep it in hygienic conditions. Therefore, it is recommended to keep the box of the makeup sponge.