What are the Reasons of Childhood Behavior?
Behavior of children as babies usually occurs at the age of 5. This is a condition that can last up to an average of 6 years old. Baby …
Behavior of children as babies usually occurs at the age of 5. This is a condition that can last up to an average of 6 years old. Baby
Behaving like ; It is a reaction of the child to stress, to have difficulties and to changing situations in his life. Children uses this defense mechanism to decline occurs.
What are the Most Common Decline Behaviors in Children?
The main regression behaviors in children are:
- start talking like a baby
- start sucking his finger
- Starting to gnaw the edge of any object or blanket
- start wetting the gold
- Starting to stick on a subject that he knows the answer is no
- Wanting to be on lap constantly
- To start crying again everyday when parents go home every day
- Being attached to mother
How to Approach a Child Acting Like a Baby?
Things to do against the child who started acting like a baby are:
- First of all, things that have changed recently in the child’s life should be taken into consideration. It should be determined which event the child experienced this period of regression. Situations such as starting kindergarten, changing homes, having a new sibling can be examples for this.
- During this period, an oppressive attitude towards the child should not be followed.
- No extra effort should be made to develop the child mentally. Because in this period children is closed to this, so there is a possibility that efforts can backfire.