What are the Risperdal Side Effects?
What Is Risperdal Why Use It And What Are Its Side Effects?
It is one of the drugs used in case of risperdal psychological disorder.
Risperdal; It was put up for sale in 1994 and is often preferred for the solution of many mental problems. It is used in obsessive or schizophrenic patients, in individuals who are extremely irritable due to autism, and also plays a role in the treatment of many diseases. Risperdal is effective in the following situations;
- Evolution, blurring, feeling, seeing or hearing something (hallucination), paranoia (extreme skepticism), aggression, social and emotional shyness; It is effective in solving problems that change behavior, emotions or thoughts. Besides, Risperdal; It provides relief of feelings of guilt, mental breakdown, anxiety and nervousness experienced by individuals with this psychology.
- It plays a role in the correction of mood disorders.
- It is used in the treatment of suddenly occurring and chronic conditions.
- It is effective in improving symptoms of flood attacks during mood swings (bipolar disorder).
- It is effective in eliminating psychological problems that progress with aggressive attitudes and other destructive attitudes.
- It is used to control unrest caused by autistic disorder in some children and adolescents. For example in these people; Damage to the body, anger crises, aggressive symptoms, sudden changes in mood are observed and relief can be achieved thanks to Risperdal.
How to Use Risperdal?
Risperdal; for oral use. Risperdal can be taken before meals or after meals. Tablets should be swallowed with as much liquid (1 glass of water) as needed. How long you should continue using Risperdal, the appropriate dose rate and other usage instructions will be informed by your physician. Always act in accordance with your physician’s instructions. Do not increase your dose or discontinue your medication without your doctor’s approval. The daily dose to be taken in risperdal treatment varies from 0.50 mg to 6 mg depending on the discomfort experienced. Follow your doctor’s recommendations.
What are the Side Effects of Risperdal?
Like all medicines, there may be side effects in people who are sensitive to the ingredients in Risperdal.
If one of the following stops, stop using Risperdal and tell your doctor immediately or contact the emergency department of the nearest hospital:
- Rash on the skin, itching
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in the face, tongue and trachea (sudden hypersensitivity reaction)
These are all very serious side effects. If you have one of these, you have a serious allergy to Risperdal. You may need an emergency medical intervention or hospitalization. These very serious side effects are all very rare.
If you notice any of the following, tell your doctor immediately or contact the emergency department of the nearest hospital:
- Involuntary muscle contractions, inactivity, impaired voluntary movements, fainting
- Irregularities in blood pressure; For example, your blood pressure drop
- Irregular heartbeat, palpitations, chest pain
- QT prolonged syndrome (a condition that can lead to serious arrhythmias and sudden death in the heart)
- Transient ischemic attack (a reversible type of stroke caused by transient occlusion of the vessels leading to the brain) and similar brain vessels related diseases, suppression of consciousness
- Sleep apnea syndrome (temporary respiratory arrest during sleep)
- Weakness in the arms and legs and difficulty speaking (paralysis), referral
- Lung inflammation (pneumonia), severe abdominal and back pain (pancreatitis)
- Gastroenteritis (gastrointestinal infection with diarrhea and vomiting)
- High blood sugar or exacerbation of existing diabetes (diabetes)
- Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes and skin)
- Change in some laboratory tests (elevated milk hormone (prolactin) in the blood, elevated liver enzymes, sugar in the urine)
- Blood clotting in the veins, especially in the legs (including symptoms such as swelling, pain and redness of the legs), moving from the blood vessels to the lungs, causing chest pain and difficulty breathing.
These are all serious side effects. Emergency medical attention may be required. Serious side effects are very rare.
If you notice any of the following, tell your doctor:
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infection, flu, inflammation of the air cavities in the facial bones (sinusitis), viral infection, tonsillitis, bronchial inflammation, established infection, cellulite, subcutaneous abscess
- Diabetes mellitus
- Fluid buildup in the body (edema)
- Anemia, neutropenia (decrease in the number of fragmented cells in the blood)
- Increased appetite or lack of appetite
- Insomnia, sleepiness, mental distress (depression), anxiety, irritability, restlessness, decreased sexual desire, lack of orgasm, blind feelings
- Headache, vertigo (dizziness due to impaired balance), dizziness, sedation (calmness), weakness, distraction, unresponsiveness to stimuli, abnormal coordination, less alert sensation, involuntary movements in the face and lips (tardive dyskinesia) [19459012 ]
- Inflammation of the eyes (conjunctivitis), blurred vision, eye bleeding, eye swelling, eyelid swelling, dry eye, increased tear, disturbance from light or light, increased intraocular pressure (glaucoma) [19459012 ]
- Ear pain, tinnitus, otitis media)
- Flushing (sudden reddening of the face)
- Nasal congestion, nosebleeds, cough, wheezing
- Nausea, constipation, digestive disorders, vomiting, diarrhea, increased salivary secretion, dry mouth, abdominal pain, stomach upset, difficulty swallowing, toothache
- Dry skin, dandruff, rash on the skin (erythema), acne, eczema
- Back, joint, neck, muscle pain, pain in extremities, joint swelling, muscle weakness, skeletal muscle destruction (rhabdomyolysis)
- Incontinence, painful urination, inflammation of the urinary tract, frequent urination
- Swelling in the breasts (gynecomastia), erection related disorders, disorders in sperm discharge
- Continuous milk and milk-like discharge from the nipple, irregularities in the monthly period
- Fatigue, weakness, irregularities in body temperature, feeling abnormal, stagnation
- Not being able to urinate or emptying the bladder fully
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia)
These are mild side effects of RISPERDAL.
The following are very rare side effects that may affect less than 1 in 10,000 people:
- Agranulocytosis (decrease in the number of white blood cells), thrombocytopenia (decrease in platelet-blood flake-number)
- Disorders in hormone secretion that allows water to be reabsorbed through the kidneys (improper antidiuretic hormone secretion, including symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, anorexia, headache, weakness, hypersensitivity to stimuli)
- Excessive water consumption
- Flood watch (mania)
- Bowel obstruction
- Alopecia (hair loss)
- Prolonged painful erection in men (priapism)
- Lower body temperature
These are mild side effects of RISPERDAL. If you encounter any side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, inform your doctor or pharmacist.