Measles disease is an infectious viral infection that usually occurs in children. Symptoms of measles has symptoms such as rashes and fever. How is measles transmitted? We will pass on your symptoms to you.
- What are the Symptoms of Measles in Children?
- Is Measles a Serious Disease?
- How Is Measles Transmitted?
- How many days does measles last?
- When Is Measles Vaccine Made?
What are the Symptoms of Measles in Children?
The main symptoms of measles in children include:
- Having symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, cough that are symptoms of a cold
- of the fever rise and accordingly experience weakness
- Having a persistent dry cough
- Pain in the throat
- feeling tired
- The eyes become hypersensitive to light and accordingly have swollen, painful and inflamed eyes
- Small, grayish-white spots appear inside the mouth
- in the body debris occur
A child with the above symptoms; After these symptoms, he starts to pour flat and fluffy measles rashes that are red and brown within an average of 2-4 days.
Is Measles a Serious Disease?
Measles is a serious disease especially for children. It carries a fatal risk in children under 1 year. 100 thousand children die from measles per year and these children are under 5 years old. Measles can cause a number of ailments. Some of these ailments are:
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Ear pain and middle ear infection
- Eye infection, redness of the eyes occur
- Having febrile seizures
- Having respiratory diseases such as pneumonia, bronchitis, croup
- Occurrence of lung infections
How Is Measles Transmitted?
The transmission of measles occurs by the cough spread of the virus in the air. It is a very contagious disease. A person with measles spots can infect within 4 days.
People with measles are recommended to rest at home and not to go out until the disease has passed. The person infected with measles appears after fourteen days.
How many days does measles last?
Symptoms of measles such as rash and fever last for an average of 4-5 days. However, dry cough is observed for 10 days.
When Is Measles Vaccine Made?
The measles vaccine for immunization against measles, Turkey is well maintained, free 12 months and the second dose in children starting grade 1. There is no need to repeat the work, which is in the main class, rubella, mumps, measles vaccine, 2 doses. KKK vaccine is a triple vaccine with the same syringe. This vaccine is made under the skin. If you wish, you can take a look at our vaccine calendar.