The pressure that the heart creates when pumping blood is called tension. In this article, we will talk about the normal values of blood pressure in children and high and low blood pressure in children.
Low Blood Pressure in Children
Does your child feel tired and exhausted even after a mild activity? Is he suffering from sudden dizziness or nausea? If you are observing these conditions in your child, there may be low blood pressure.
Low blood pressure; fainting, injury and damage to important organs. You want to know why your child has low blood pressure and how to treat them. Then read our article.
Hypotension; the pressure in the blood is normally low. This means that the heart, brain and other organs in the body is not enough blood. Normal blood pressure in children should be between 90/60 and 130/80.
What is Low Blood Pressure in Children?
Hypotension; blood pressure is lower than normal. In this case, the heart, brain and other regions of the blood does not go enough. Low blood pressure can be treated in children, but the main cause of the low blood pressure should be diagnosed to determine the treatment.
Low Blood Pressure Symptoms in Children
- Blurred view
- Letarji (very deep and continuous, pathological sleep condition.)
- Cold and moist skin
Low Blood Pressure Causes in Children
- The body is dehydrated
- Anemia: Anemia; is a great reason that leads to a drop in blood pressure in children.
- Drugs: Some medicines and health supplements can expand blood vessels and reduce blood pressure.
- Adrenal insufficiency: Adrenal insufficiency is the deterioration in the production and secretion of hormones necessary for the functioning of the body. Low blood pressure caused by adrenal insufficiency occurs when the salt or sodium in the body is very small. Children with mineralocorticoid deficiency tend to have low blood pressure.
- Change in body position: Orthostatic hypotension is caused by a sudden change in body position. This usually occurs when the child is lying for a while and then stands up. This type of low blood pressure takes just a few seconds or minutes.
- Shock: It can have fatal consequences when blood pressure is minimal and cannot be sustained. This decrease in blood pressure; heart failure or excessive expansion of blood vessels may occur.
How to Treat Low Blood Pressure in Children?
In children, the cause of low blood pressure is determined and the necessary treatment is performed according to this reason. When the factor causing the low blood pressure is treated, blood pressure also returns to normal.
High Blood Pressure in Children
High blood pressure, hypertension; it is thought to be seen mostly in elderly individuals. Although this thought is true in the past, high blood pressure can be seen in young people.
What is Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)?
Blood pressure; creates pressure against the blood vessel walls, such as the heart beat. When the contact is hypertension (high blood pressure), the heart and arteries are loaded with a heavier duty. In this case, the heart has to pump harder blood and the more the hearts move, the more the heart is forced.
High Blood Pressure Symptoms in Children
- Increased irritability or other behavioral changes
- Blurred view
- Shortness of breath
- Puffiness in hands and feet
How is High Blood Pressure in Children Treated?
Treatment of hypertension; depending on the reason. The hypertension; can be treated with nutrition and drug use.