Eye migraine, which is one of the migraine types, has become common with the increasing use of computers in recent days. Eye migraine, which is a rare disorder in fact, is usually experienced unilaterally. We have investigated for you those who are curious about this disease, which reduces the visual quality of the eyes with increasing pain in the eyelid. What is an eye migraine? What are the symptoms of eye migraine? How does eye migraine pass?
Eye migraine is one of the types of migraine that occurs when the nervous system is damaged and reduces the quality of life. This disorder usually occurs after the hormonal disorder experienced by women as of puberty. The condition called throbbing caused by the flow of blood flowing in the enlarged vessels also collapses the body’s autonomic system. However, even the digestive system is gradually damaged. Since migraine normally occurs in the temporal part, it affects the eyes quickly. Therefore, in some, migraine causes damage to the eyes at the head. Eye migraine, which causes eye sensitivity, is usually experienced on one side. There is no single disease called eye migraine in the scientific literature. However, it is called eye migraine because it concentrates in that area. Edema occurs with the swelling of the vessels and the increase in inflammation rate after the nervous system disorder. This causes time lag. Eye migraine is adversely affected by optic nerve disorders and eye pressure.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES AND SYMPTOMS OF EYE MIGRAINE?
– Women experience temporary eye migraine due to their sensitivity during their menstrual periods since puberty. In addition, it is usually seen in men after the age of twenty. There is such pain that it is difficult to even open the eyelids. Along with this, nausea and headache are also experienced.
– Eye migraine is seen together with unilateral cluster headache with the decrease of the immune system in seasonal changes. Redness and tearing are followed by pain in the temples and eyes. Then a runny or stuffy nose is seen.
– Eye migraine is experienced along with chronic migraine attacks. This is severe enough to even lead to hospitalization.
– It is migraine with aura that causes vision loss in the eye. It takes about 15 – 20 minutes for the lights to appear in shape and the blurring experienced during vision. In this case, sometimes there is no headache, but the light sensitivity in the eye may invite different eye diseases.
HOW DOES THE EYE MIGRAINE PASS?
If it is severe, a doctor should be examined.
– cold water bag
– Dark and quiet environment
– Do not look at the computer, television and mobile phone screen for a few days
– Mint oil and lemon should be squeezed on a towel and put on the eye.
Lying down by placing an extremely cold ice pack on the neck
– Massaging the soles of the feet and hands to increase blood flow
– Drinking chamomile, jasmine, mint, fennel or sage tea reduces the severity.