Apple is one of the most loved and consumed fruits that is always on sale in summer and winter. It has been the guest of many studies that apples are beneficial for weight loss.
What Are the Calories in an Apple?
Dietitian Buket Adanç reports that 1 medium red apple contains 62 calories. 1 medium apple is 120 grams on average. Half an apple has 31 calories.
- 1 small apple is 47 calories. 1 large apple is 78 calories.
- 100 grams of red apple is 52 calories.
- 1 Amasya apple is 47 calories.
- 1 medium yellow apple is 57 calories.
- 100 grams of dried apple is 325 calories.
- There are 14 grams of carbohydrates in 100 grams of apples.
Dietitian Neslihan Dülger reports that it takes 15 minutes of brisk walking to burn calories from 1 apple.
Apple Diet to Lose 4 Kilos in 5 Days
Breakfast.Lunch. Dinner – Apple (about 1.5 kg in total throughout the day).
Noon: 1 apple, 2 slices of low-fat cheese and a lemon-squeezed salad of seasonal vegetables
Breakfast:1 Apple, 1 slice of whole grain bread, 1 slice of turkey bacon
Noon Salad of 1 apple, 2 carrots, quartered onion and greens
Breakfast: An apple, a slice of whole grain bread, and a slice of low-fat bacon
Lunch: An Apple; 200 g tuna salad with boiled vegetables (without potatoes) and lemon.
Dinner: An Apple; 1 bowl of skim milk and 1 bowl of cereal
Breakfast: 1 apple, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice of whole grain toast
Noon: 1 apple, raw vegetables, 200g beef pot or lean chicken
What Are the Benefits of Apple for Weight Loss and Health?
- It is known by almost everyone that apples help to lose weight, and in many different diets, dietitians recommend apple consumption to their clients, especially in between meals.
- Apples are low in calories and moreover, they prolong the person’s fullness. This makes it easier to lose weight.
- As with every sweet fruit, the apple contains fructose (fruit sugar), but since it has a low glycemic index, it contributes to weight loss as it prevents possible sweet crises.
- It has been proven by researches that apple consumption helps to lose weight because it prevents extra calorie intake because it gives a feeling of satiety thanks to the fiber it contains.
- When consumed with apple peel (pulp), it prevents the formation of constipation as it enables the intestines to work.
- It is known that an apple consumed daily strengthens the body against diseases. So much so that apple is a healing medicine against cancer.
- When the apple is consumed by biting, it both strengthens the gums and cleans the teeth.
- Vitamin C in apples is very effective in strengthening the body’s immune system.
- The abundant fiber, vitamins and minerals in apples have multiple functions: they relieve digestive problems, beautify the skin and suppress appetite. You should not miss the apple in your snacks.
- Apple is a fruit that is an effective and powerful source of antioxidants. Therefore, it helps to cleanse the liver (detoxification).
- Apple is an auxiliary fruit for the treatment of sugar, that is, diabetes.
- Experts have seen in animal studies that apple consumption reduces oxidative stress in the body, improves brain functions and strengthens the mind, slowing down the signs of aging that can be seen in later years.
- Consuming apples, especially in winter, is good against flu.
- Another benefit of apple is that it relieves breathing and thus helps the person to breathe more comfortably and healthily.
- Consuming apples regularly adds glow to the skin and beautifies the skin.
- The rich potassium content of the apple improves the functions of the nervous and muscular system in the body and strengthens the nerves and muscles. Moreover, it fights against cardiovascular diseases.
- Eating apples regularly reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease in the future.
- As a result of the researches carried out by experts, it has been seen that one apple to be consumed daily reduces the risk of diabetes by 28%.
- The antioxidants and flavonoids in apples prevent the formation of cancer cells in the body.
- Apple is a fruit that balances high blood pressure.
- Vitamin C, which is in the structure of the apple, strengthens the immune system as it renews the cells in the body, as it has very effective and intense antioxidant properties. In this way, consuming apples reduces the risk of infection in the body, especially in winter.
What is the Nutritional Value of 100 Grams of Apples?
- Calories (kcal) 52
- Total fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1mg
- Potassium 107mg
- Carbs 14 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- sugar 10 g
- Protein 0.3 g
- Vitamin C 4.6mg
- Calcium 6mg
- Iron 0.1mg
- Vitamin D 0 IU
- Vitamin B6 0mg
- Cobalamin 0 µg
- Magnesium 5mg