Flour halva is one of the desserts that are loved by many. Sugar, flour, butter, molasses, water or milk can be added to flour halva. Unfortunately, since flour halva consists of high-calorie foods such as sugar and flour, it can easily gain weight.
How Many Calories is Flour Halva?
Dietician Selma Öztürk reports that 1 portion of flour halva is 582 calories.
- 1 tablespoon of flour halva contains 65 calories.
- 5 tablespoons or 100 grams of flour halva is 327 calories.
Does Flour Halva Lose Weight?
Flour halva has a very high calorie content. So it cannot be said to be an ideal dessert for those who are on a diet or want to stay fit. Calorific value of each ingredient used in flour halva is different. When these ingredients come together, intense calories emerge. So flour halva makes weight? We have no choice but to answer ‘yes’ to the question. But let’s admit that it’s not easy to resist the flavor of flour halva. The content of the flour halva, which remains on the palate, is also rich. While consuming flour halva, which is a source of protein, carbohydrate and fat, it gives people great pleasure. However, after eating, a question arises: Does flour halva cause obesity? “Let’s eat dessert, talk sweetly.” They say, but when it comes to the calories of flour halva, it is a fact that our taste is missed. However, this is true. Flour halva, which is a dessert containing carbohydrates, fat and sugar, of course makes weight. Therefore, if you are trying to lose weight, you will need to keep a distance between you and flour halva. However, if you do not use much oil and substitute molasses for sugar, it will change. Then of course you will eat fewer calories.
Diet Flour Halva Recipe from Dietician Sevgi Topçu
- 2 tablespoons of butter (It is also oil.)
- 1 glass of flour (Those who wish can also use whole wheat flour.)
- 1.5 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of honey
First we will prepare our sherbet.
Let’s boil 1.5 cups of water. Let’s add 3 tablespoons of honey and boil it again. When it boils, let’s take it from the stove and wait for it to cool. Let’s add the oil to the pot and melt. Then add the flour and roast it until it gets a dark color. Let’s add our sherbet to the roasted flour and mix it quickly. (Let’s pay attention to this so that it does not clump.) Let it cool for a while, shape it as we want and eat it with pleasure. (We can decorate it with almonds, hazelnuts or walnuts.)
There are 350 calories in 120 grams of this halva.
Dietary Flour Halva Recipe from Dietician Gülşen Altın
- 130 g butter
- ½ liter of water glass of milk
- 1 glass of molasses
- 1 Glass of Water
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- We roast a tablespoon of pine nuts with olive oil and butter, put flour and butter in a saucepan and roast for an average of 1 hour over low heat.
- When the flour turns a little dark, we add half a liter of milk.
- We mix 1 glass of water and 1 glass of molasses and pour it into the pot.
- We make the flour shrink the mixture by stirring fast.
- When our halva hardens, we cover the gold and infuse it.