It is called neck calcification in the neck of the neck and cartilages. Calcification of the neck is a common disorder today. This health problem significantly reduces one’s quality of life. Factors such as sitting in the office, working in the office, working in the same position for a long time in our age have led to the emergence of neck calcification at a much earlier age. People with neck calcification have symptoms such as pain in the arms, movement limitation, difficulty in moving, not being able to raise their arms, pain in the shoulder blade and numbness in the arms.
Symptoms of Neck Calcification
- Neck pain and pain from neck to arm
- Drowsiness and weakness in arms, hands and fingers
- Tickling from the neck, creaking, clicking sound
- Dizziness, loss of balance
- Legs weakness, walking problem, loss of balance
- Tingling and loss of sensation in the neck and hands
- Neck pain that worsens when the patient is in a flat position
- Fatigue fatigue
- Sleep problems, pain in sleep
- Swelling in joints
- Muscle spasms in the neck
- Pain from neck to back and shoulder
- Irritation and nervousness
- Muscle weakness,
- Tinnitus, dizziness, blurred vision,
- Muscle tightness and tension
- Jamming in the nerve channels
Why Is Neck Calcification?
- Neck calcification is a disease caused by the erosion of the neck vertebrae and the disc structures between them. The changes are applied to the nerves by narrowing the channels through which the nerves pass through the channel or vertebrae through which the spinal cord passes. The most important causes of neck calcification are;
- Posture Disorder (Keeping the head and neck in the same position for a long time)
- Stress, depression and long-lasting mental tensions
- Aging (Aging is one of the strongest risk factors for both males and females for neck calcification.)
- Excessive use of neck joints (chewing gum, gnashing teeth, or overuse of neck joints such as looking at the computer screen for a long time)
- Rheumatism-related neck arthritis
- Infectious disease (certain diseases such as meningitis, encephalitis and lyme disease)
- Genetics (If you have this discomfort in your parents and the upper generations, you may experience calcification)
- The habit of bending your neck forward
- Injury (spinal vertebrae and spine in the neck may occur as a result of a fall or accidental calcification)
Which doctor to go for neck calcification?
If you have calcification of the neck or if you suspect that there is calcification on your neck, you should consult with the Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation doctor.
How to Diagnose Neck Calcification
- Imaging studies and other diagnostic tests (neck x-ray, CT scan, MRI, myelogram, EMG)
- Physical examination (pain in the arms and legs, limitation of movement in the neck, and doctor-referring)
How is Neck Calcification Treated?
- If you suffer from neck calcification, the first thing you should do is to consult a Physical Therapy doctor. If the symptoms of neck calcification are not severe, the aim of the treatment is to relieve pain and prevent nerve entrapment. In the initial stages of neck calcification can take control with pain medications. In advanced neck calcification, physical therapy and neck exercises should be performed. Physical therapy has an important role in the treatment of neck calcification and neck calcification.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and drugs such as analgesics or corticosteroid injections may be used to treat neck calcification. In case of more severe neck calcification, muscle relaxants as well as narcotic analgesics can be prescribed.
- Pain caused by calcification of the neck will help to relieve pain by applying a hot water bag or ice to the area where you live. Some pains love the heat while others are cold. If your pain is cold, you can wrap the ice cubes on the athletes and keep them on your shoulder. If your calcification is good, you can keep a hot water bag on the ground where the calcification is done.
- In cases where the pain due to neck calcification is intensely experienced, it may also be a pain to wear a neck collar that your doctor prescribes, which can be purchased in places that sell medical equipment. However, if the neck is used continuously, it may weaken the neck muscles.
- Prayer is also recommended by experts for those who suffer from neck calcification. Prayer runs the joints in the body, salute movement in prayer helps prevent neck calcification.
Professor Dr. Ibrahim Saraçoğlu’nun from the slices of the best sycamore leaf recipe
- 1 cup of water (must be chlorine-free, you will get pet bottle water from the market)
- 1 and a half tablespoons of dried and shriveled sycamore leaves
Preparation: Take a bottle of water from the store will put a cup of water to boil, boil, boil, take one and a half tablespoons of dried sycamore. Then boil for another minute. Take the stove and leave to brew for 10 min. When you have a cold, you can drink. Prepare sycamore leaf curing freshly. This juice for a glass of the evening in the morning for a month in the morning, a glass in the morning. We recommend that you do not apply this cure without consulting a specialist physician who has kidney, blood pressure, heart and liver problems. You can collect the sycamore leaf from the plane trees, or you can get it from the transfers or from the websites selling natural products on the internet.If you do not want to get the sycamore leaf ready, you must remove it from the branch. Dry 2 medium-sized sycamore leaves for 10-15 days. However, you should be careful not to make the sun shade, but to make a clean cloth. It should be noted that the sycamore leaf to be used is the ‘anatolius’ type. Anatolius type sycamore leaf is deeply torn. Sycamore leaves which do not have deep tears are not suitable. The sycamore leaf should be deeply torn. After washing these dried leaves under cold water, separate them into small pieces. Your sycamore leaf is now ready to use!
How to do Neck Calcification Exercises? Exercise Specialist Koray Rain Describes
- Exercises against neck calcification may be various. Let’s sit down with legs crossed. Let’s put the inside of the hand and create a mutual pressure. Let’s do 10 seconds. Take a break and do it again.
- Let’s put our hands behind the head and apply pressure again. 10 repeats 3 times. Let’s do the same move sideways. Let’s put our hand next to the head and create a counter-pressure. Let’s do 10 seconds.
- Take a break and do it again. Let’s breathe, let’s get our heads to the front while breathing out. The neck can be tilted 45-60 degrees forward. Let’s get his neck down and wait 5 seconds. Let’s do 8 again. Let’s apply the same movement by turning our heads sideways on both neck sides. 8 Let’s do it again