Mediterranean diet med diet
It is also known as and it is a diet program that has reached since 1993. This diet program is generally prepared according to the eating habits of the Mediterranean countries.
What are the points to be considered in the Mediterranean diet?
Some of the things a dieter should pay attention to are:
- It is absolutely necessary to consume fresh vegetables and fruits every day.
- Cereals such as oats, brown rice, soybeans, pasta, brown bread, flaxseeds should be included in the nutrition program.
- In general, olive oil or hazelnut oil should be used while preparing vegetable and legume dishes.
- When using butter or coconut oil, it is preferable to use olive oil, hazelnut oil, walnut, almond, hazelnut or avocado alternatively.
- Chicken and fish should be included in the nutrition program for two days of the week.
- Red meat and sweet foods should be consumed once a month.
- Milk and dairy products should be consumed as semi-skim.
What are the Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet?
The advantages of a person doing are:
- Risk of heart attack is reduced to a minimum.
- People suffering from high blood pressure and cholesterol decrease.
- People’s immune systems are strengthened.
- The risk of people getting diseases such as alzheimer’s, depression and Parkinson’s decreases.
- Mediterranean diet has a protective effect against cancer.
- A person on a Mediterranean diet loses an average of 3-6 kilos per month.